Multiple bugs with Scyorielaphas fight

iLubMyBroDan

Question

BUG 1: He keeps fighting me even after he yields

When fighting with Scyorielaphas (what a mouthful) in the Guild Ruins under the Watershapers' Guild, after I force him to submit to me by bringing his health low, the fight continues even if I don't hit the Attack button.

Sequence of events (I don't recall, precisely, but):

1. I convince the dragon to let me siphon a part of his essence to keep the watershapers' powers up

2. I decide to trick him and strengthen the wards instead

3. The fight initiates when I strengthen the second ward (also Galawain's pissed at me)

4. I bring the dragon's health low enough to prompt a conversation where he yields

5. I DON'T attack him, intending to strengthen the wards again

6. He continues to attack me anyways

During one of my replays of this fight, the delay between bringing the dragon's health low and prompting the dragon's conversation is great enough that I manage to land the killing blow before he yields.

My initial hypothesis was that maybe the delay between landing the hit that brings the dragon's health low and prompting the conversation was enough time that additional damage (such as from hostile effects or from another companion) would cause the dragon's to continue to be aggressive. This hypothesis was proven wrong when I carefully controlled to make sure that there was no damage being applied to the dragon except for the one that would cause the prompt. So no idea what's going on here =)

BUG 2: Wards get destroyed

During the fight, two of the wards accidentally got destroyed, making it impossible for me to strengthen them all after he yields (although I have no idea how I got him to not be aggressive towards me - see bug 1)

Hope this was descriptive enough!

5 answers to this question

Hey, ILubMyBroDan. Do you happen to have a save game that has this issue occurring? I'd appreciate it if you could attach it here. Despite your excellent steps above, I can't get the issue to occur on this end. Thank you for any further information you can provide.

--Doug.

Hey, ILubMyBroDan. Do you happen to have a save game that has this issue occurring? I'd appreciate it if you could attach it here. Despite your excellent steps above, I can't get the issue to occur on this end. Thank you for any further information you can provide.

Hi Wolf,

Sorry, I didn't save it. If I see it again during my 2nd playthrough I'll make a new post (?). Thanks!

Hello!

I have the same issue here. I initiating fight and when dragon is ready to surrender I'm choosing to leave him alive so in that case I hope not to get major reputation decrese with Neketaka and after taking that option the fight goes on and I can't do nothing but to kill the dragon :(

I have save file but can't attach it here because max single file size for upload 507kb and my save is 3+Mb

Likewise. Even after the patch stating there was a Scyorielaphas fix with imprisoning him (her?). I managed to get through the dialogue and tried to exit the are but couldn't because the game was still in combat with the dragon continuing to attack. :(