[Bug/Oversight] Explosives

ClockworkPenguin

Question

Fiddling around with explosives, I noticed that - with the exception of noisemakers - all explosives are "silent" (which I find hilarious, mind you.. Please give me a few silent grenades irl, please? - Oversight?). So I figured I'd play around with them, making a little stealth+explosives bombardier hero character. Quickly noticed many of the following issues;

1.) You cannot reverse pickpocket already hostile npc's (kith). - (Already known, but adding again for inclusion)

2.) You cannot reverse pickpocket hostile non-npc's (beasts, undead, etc.) at all. - (Makes sense for beasts, I guess, but I don't see why I can't stuff a grenade in a skeleton wizard's robe)

3.) Throwing a grenade (or other explosive) with Combat AI turned on at all and having a ranged weapon equipped while in stealth will cause thrower to instantly leave stealth and attempt to shoot (one of) the target(s) the moment the explosive detonates, even if the explosive killed the target(s) outright. - Makes partial sense, I guess, but it would make more sense to attempt to shoot a target FROM stealth, and simply lower your weapon again if the explosive ended up killing the target(s) outright, rather than simply breaking stealth.

4.) Throwing a grenade (or other explosive) with Combat AI turned on at all and having a melee weapon (or fists) equipped while in stealth will cause the thrower to instantly leave stealth and attempt to charge full speed at (one of) the target(s) the moment the explosive detonates, even if the explosive killed the target(s) outright. - Same issues as above, but this is especially problematic for melee characters if they used one of the vortex or other lingering effect field explosives, as the thrower basically screams "I miss you Berath!" as the charge headlong into there own hostile effect field and attempt to suicide themselves... even if there's no enemies left in it to attack.

5.) Throwing a grenade (or other explosive) with Combat AI turned OFF while in stealth causes the thrower to break stealth and stand up like a dolt the moment the explosive detonates, instantly revealing themselves to everyone else in the vicinity, even if the explosion killed the target(s) outright. - (This one was/is currently only tested with grenades, but since the effect held true for 3 and 4, I'm assuming it will be the same for the others here as well).

6.) Throwing a grenade (or other explosive, other than noisemakers) with Combat AI either on OR off while in stealth and MISSING any target(s) while still being in aggro range causes the thrower to break stealth and stand up in shame the moment the explosive detonates (with Combat AI turned on, the character will at least start targeting the nearest enemy). - Why? The enemies would clearly know an explosive was thrown, but not that you threw it if you were undetected at the time it exploded.

Despite all that, I still find explosives extremely fun to use. Please fix anything that needs fixing, so explode-y fun time can be even more explode...y fun. lol

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

1 answer to this question