Most interesting stats for dialogue/non-combat

Greetings, i wonder what stats (if any) are most important in dialogue for getting the max. amount of lore/extra lines/secrets? In PoE1 the gatekeepers were mostly perception and intellect, with a side of resolve . Other stats are also checked often, but more to allow another path to the same result - i'm looking for more "insight" so to speak...

Edited by pstone

Greetings, i wonder what stats (if any) are most important in dialogue for getting the max. amount of lore/extra lines/secrets? In PoE1 the gatekeepers were mostly perception and intellect, with a side of resolve . Other stats are also checked often, but more to allow another path - i'm looking for more "insight" so to speak...

developer commentary and beta gameplay suggests dialogue will be affected less by attributes and more by skills.  your guess as to which skills is best is as good as Gromnir's... however, as josh is involved in deadfire, we would expect more than a couple history options, and bis/obsidian previous game dialogue triggers suggest the new insight skill will be important.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

fyi, the developers were kinda emphatic 'bout avoiding "you win" choices for deadfire dialogues.  no doubt there will be better and worse options, but at the very least, deadfire is 'posed to be less susceptible to building the perfect dialogue character. 

the only thing which surprised us 'bout deadfire dialogues happened while viewing one o' the later twitch streams-- there were multiple dialogue checks of 20.  is a big amount even if is late in game.  ain't gonna be able to spread points 'round much if 20 is typical endgame dialogue checks.

converse, the highest mechanics needed to disarm all deadfire traps is not requiring quite so much investment o' skill points.  

*shrug*

am admitting we do not have confidence regarding ideal skill distributions.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You need someone with high Perception to detect traps now - this was separated from the Mechanics skill. In the beta content the most used dialogue skill was "Insight", but I don't know if this is also true for the full game.

the only thing which surprised us 'bout deadfire dialogues happened while viewing one o' the later twitch streams-- there were multiple dialogue checks of 20.  is a big amount even if is late in game.  ain't gonna be able to spread points 'round much if 20 is typical endgame dialogue checks.

In the beta there were map events with dialog choices for Perception and Survival, which seem to be added together for the skill check. Maybe this is also true for other checks.