So is multi that much better than single?

sage is likely the bestest route for a helwalker/caster, but combine with cipher, druid, and priest is all effective.

I've been thinking of doing ghost heart/ascendant and hadn't even thought about helwalker/ascendant. For talents I assume Enduring Dance, Lightning strikes, Duality? The wording on Turning Wheel is saying melee, but i wonder if that tooltip is accurate on the wiki.

"(Turning Wheel) - The monk is able to channel their pain into pure energy adding a proportional fire bonus to Melee Damage."

turning wheel is melee based on description, but the int bonus from duality is separate.  also, do not forget long pain.  you is gonna be able to do melee damage from range with a monk thanks to long pain talents.

early in game, use scepters and dance o' death talents to quick build wounds-- should start every combat with 4 wounds.  swift strikes is gonna also impart quick inspiration. not a bad way to begin combat, eh?  dual wielding sceptres will build wounds extreme fast, if such is the way you wanna play it.  contemplative priest o' wael with a summoned rod is a bit op at the moment, though we still see sage as best option for flexibility.  grimoires are so darn useful for accessing extra talents beyond those purchased at levelup.

HA! Good Fun!

Yo, I haven't played any of the beta, so haven't been able to experiment with the multiclasses - can you explain how a priest of wael/contemplative is good, what synergies does it have going on, and why a priest of wael over other gods? Sorry if these sound obvious, but - I know next to nothing about the game

thanks

Wael gets several Mage spells it's subclass set, including defensive buffs - instant cast no recovery spells that give a big bonus to deflection. Very good for a melee character. So Wael is basically cheating and bringing a third class into the multiclassing.

The summoned weapon is currently also a little broken, and swift strikes (and lightning strikes upgrade) goes well with dual ranged weapons. Dance of death functions well on a ranged character too, as they're off where they're less likely to get damaged, so the buff can tick up.

Edited by Voss

This might sound dense as - but if the mainly broken part of this is summoned weapon + swift strikes going well with dual ranged weps and dance of death being good for ranged - why is wael the chosen path if he makes you better in melee range?

With the wording on Dance of Death being, "Weave a pattern of pain with your movements, gaining a stacking bonus to Accuracy and Wounds. Suffering any damage ends this effect," does this mean that the scepter modal would cancel Dance of Death, or does it differentiate between self inflicted damage and actually having an enemy hit you? I would assume its any damage but, wouldn't be the first time a skill isn't clearly worded.

a helwaker contemplative with +30 might and the summoned spiritual weapon for a priest o' wael, buffed by the lightning strikes lash  with the quick inspiration and bolstered by two hand weapons style, and dance o' death is a simple screen clearing tactic.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)