I haven't been watching any of the streams (don't want story spoilers), but I am curious regarding the subclass abilities for all the companions with custom subclasses (like Tekehu, Xoti, etc.).

Has any of that information been revealed in any of the streams?

I've seen that, I'm hoping to find out what the benefits of those subclasses actually are. Assuming you don't get all the companions at the same time, it would suck to make Tekehu a pure chanter (losing out on the ability to make him a druid) if Konstanten ends up having a more interesting subclass benefit.

Serafen:

Cipher subclass is 'Wild Mind,'  which gives a chance of 'unexpected manifestation' whenever he uses a cipher spell.  These can explicitly be bad for the party.

Unclear with the proc chance is for him to mess things up. 

Effectively a Wild Mage from BG2.  So, for me at least, his cipher version is completely off my list.   

• Like 1

Effectively a Wild Mage from BG2.  So, for me at least, his cipher version is completely off my list.   

Wild Mages in BG2 were fun ;)

I am a risk-adverse, controlling, joyless ****pail.  Plus I had to deal with that in an actual D&D campaign.  The idea of putting up with 'misfires' or worse, intentionally fishing for random outcomes in life or death situations (even in simulations) makes me angry.   

The practical approach to such companions in a D&D setting is very early on, one night in the woods, the wolves get them.  

I prefer a betrayal sub-plot from companions to lol!random.  

Wild Mages in BG2 were fun ;)

yeah I remember this ... my wild mage tried to cast spell on himself and then was killed by the impact of a cow falling from the sky onto his head  :sorcerer: