Sign in to follow this  
Vicar in a tutu

Are story talents from POE1 in Deadfire?

I've been pondering a new playthrough of POE1 in preperation for Deadfire and I'm wondering whether or not talents like Second Skin (or other faction talents), Berath's Boon (or other divine boons) - and so on - have any effect in Deadfire?

Some time ago, Josh indicated in a Q&A on his tumblr that a number of these talents may end up being re-earnable (so an imported character wouldn't start with them either way), but I don't think anything concrete has been said on the topic since then.

That said, I think it's safe to assume that whatever talents do make it through, they will likely end up providing different or smaller benefits than in PoE 1.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

No, you will not have them at the beginning of your first game.  Your soul got sucked up by a "god" you lost your powers.  Like Skazz said you can re earn some of them, or maybe get new powers that are equivalent, but you won't be starting the game with them.