1. What are the benefits of pre-ordering Deadfire?

2. Which edition do you recommend? 

3. Will the price be the same if I buy it AFTER it comes out? Will the content be the same?? Can I get it on May the 8th still?? For PC. 

4. If I chose the stranded edition, can I later separately punches extras I'd need for Obsidian Edition?? (Unlikely, but asking anyway....)

5. Is it the same wherever (Gog, Steam etc.) I buy it from? (Kinda dumb question, but asked anyway.) Also...I kinda maybe don't want to pay taxes to my country ...is there anywhere I can punches the game without (legally) having to pay Slovenia?? XDDDDD I'd rather buy myself a lollipop then give my country a single cent lol. ...what? xD 

.......question 6. How obvious was it that i'm *kinda* broke? Lmao. 

3. Will the price be the same if I buy it AFTER it comes out? Will the content be the same?? Can I get it on May the 8th still?? For PC. 

4. If I chose the stranded edition, can I later separately punches extras I'd need for Obsidian Edition?? (Unlikely, but asking anyway....)

5. Is it the same wherever (Gog, Steam etc.) I buy it from? (Kinda dumb question, but asked anyway.) Also...I kinda maybe don't want to pay taxes to my country ...is there anywhere I can punches the game without (legally) having to pay Slovenia?? XDDDDD I'd rather buy myself a lollipop then give my country a single cent lol. ...what? xD 

1 - There are cosmetic pre-order goodies, up to you if they are worth it. Hit the Steam or GOG store page for details.

2 - That's up to you and what you want with your money vs. goodies. Steam has a nice layout of what is added per version, mostly it's extras like sound tracks and an art book, but I think some versions have an extra few in-game items and the 3 upcoming DLC's in a discounted cost.

3 - Price should not be changing.

4 - Probably?

5 - No difference, but GOG and Steam have several differences you may want to research to find which software fits you best. 

5b - Not sure about Slovenia stuff.

6 - Not sure... like a 4? 

• Like 1

1 - There are cosmetic pre-order goodies, up to you if they are worth it. Hit the Steam or GOG store page for details.

2 - That's up to you and what you want with your money vs. goodies. Steam has a nice layout of what is added per version, mostly it's extras like sound tracks and an art book, but I think some versions have an extra few in-game items and the 3 upcoming DLC's in a discounted cost.

3 - Price should not be changing.

4 - Probably?

5 - No difference, but GOG and Steam have several differences you may want to research to find which software fits you best. 

5b - Not sure about Slovenia stuff.

6 - Not sure... like a 4? 

I prefer Gog lol. :) Was just curious anyhow...thanks. ^^

1. Absolutely nothing, maybe a bonus pet but...

2. The base game, we don't really know if the game is good or bad so there's no point of getting a greater version at the moment.

3. Yes, yes.

4. Indeed! (Twirls beard)

5. Like the first game did, Deadfire is liklely to recieve better support from Obsidian through Steam (earlier patches, trading cards, achievements ad a great community on the forums). I would refrain from third party resellers, sometimes even the legit ones can be shady.

6. I doubt you're any less broke than the rest if us lol It's always hard to remember that a single guy with a low paying job isn't any more broke than a married guy with kids and a good job. So don't be ashamed of your financial status. Plus, money isn't everything ;)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

To be fair, Galaxy client (optional) has achievements and patching is usually within the same day/hours. Let's not forget that with GOG you don't need an account, a client or an internet connection to play the game, also the devs actually get more money from every sold copy.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 3

If somebody's really so broke that she/he can't afford to buy Deadfire but desperately wants to play it she/he can shoot me a PM. I can hand out a few gifts on Steam.

I won't starve, so I'll let this slip to someone who's even poorer then me. Lol! 

Besides, pre-ordered on GoG already! 

Thanks for the offer though! Super nice of you! :D 

• Like 1

Hey guys, is it confirmed that you can upgrade to "obsidian" edition later if you buy the lower tier editions first? I dont want to spend 70 bucks right now off the bat, but i dont want to pass out on the super deal that is the included xpacks haha. Just curious, if not i'll end up buying the obsidian edition. The pricetag is really good for the content it offers.

Hey guys, is it confirmed that you can upgrade to "obsidian" edition later if you buy the lower tier editions first? I dont want to spend 70 bucks right now off the bat, but i dont want to pass out on the super deal that is the included xpacks haha. Just curious, if not i'll end up buying the obsidian edition. The pricetag is really good for the content it offers.

we don't know for sure. but poe1 have Definitive edition as package with all DLC, and if you have somethign from this package, package cost less. i'd assume 'obsidian' edition will be same way. https://store.steampowered.com/sub/220633/ but it's only in steam, GOG don't have such thing. at least i don't aware about it.

But no official info about it right now.

Edited by OrKToS
  • Like 1