My steam says 9th of May release ? I thought it was the 8th?

No gamer really limits themselves to one genre anyway and many pc gamers also own at least one console as well.

Yes, I know, this is the Obsidian forums so someone will come and tell me that they only play one genre or are an rpg gamer and don't own a console *Deep sigh* XD

Ach dammit! Why that second part? I already typed half of my reply in my head! :hairpull:

;)

Lol, he is right, no gamer (well normal ones) plays only one genre.

That said, everyone does have a favorite genre.  And if your favorite genre is traditional party based single player RPG's you really don't have much happening in the month of May outside Deadfire.  Well there is Hyper Dimension Neptunia, but do I really need to explain how Deadfire and it are aimed at two wildly different groups of people?

This is not true.  I only play RPGs.  Literally, no other genre interests me. I'm playing Battletech right now... which is basically an RPGlite with mechs instead of swords and magic. 

I guess we're going off topic now, but the OP has been answered...

How is Battletech? I've seen some real iffy reviews.

Well, I WOULD have liked to be playing PoE 2 today... but, in regards to Battletech, I really like it!  I backed it because I really enjoyed the Shadowrun games that Harebrained did, and so thought that even though this isn't a genre that typically piques my interest... they just might do it well enough to make it worthwhile (plus, I want more Shadowrun games, so backing them now might get me that in the future ;)

It can be pretty tough.  There really are many permutations on how you can assemble your "lance" (team), from how heavy their weapons are, to how fast and far they move, and a whole variety of other variables.  My advice is that if you do play it, definitely do some grinding.  Look for those missions that aren't that hard to get your pilots more experienced and take less damage to your mechs, and try out different combat strategies.  it's good to have a mix of weapons types, because each has it's own plusses or minuses, and if you only have one... you might regret it, depending on the situation.  You definitely want to do as much stability damage as possible.  A knocked down mech can't shoot you.  They are also easier to shoot.  And, once you can, get ****pit mods.  They prevent your pilots from taking damage.  Dead or injured pilots = bad. 

The story is pretty good.  A little too linear for my liking... but given the size of the studio, probably unavoidable. 

On a separate note... has anyone confirmed that preloading is now possible on Steam???

"1 is 1"

Yeah, I know that another thread claimed that preloading would start today, but that appears to be incorrect.  I am not concerned about my download speed... but damn it, guess it might be necessary to wait for everything on the 8th :l

"1 is 1"

Yeah, I know that another thread claimed that preloading would start today, but that appears to be incorrect. I am not concerned about my download speed... but damn it, guess it might be necessary to wait for everything on the 8th :l

I’m pretty sure it starts today at or around evening time. 8PM EST IIRC

Yeah, I know that another thread claimed that preloading would start today, but that appears to be incorrect.  I am not concerned about my download speed... but damn it, guess it might be necessary to wait for everything on the 8th :l

Said thread also specified that the preload would become available at 5 PM PDT. Since it is currently more than five hours before that, nothing "appears to be incorrect" yet.

• Like 2