[Beta 4] Camera controls not working properly

swamp_slug

Question

Having explored the Tikawara village, ravine, glade and Poko Kohara exterior maps I've noticed that the camera only responds to the relevant keys on the Tikawara village map. On the other three maps the camera only pans when the party moves to cause it to track or if I click and hold the central mouse button.

When opening the controls menu I see that the default assigned keys are the arrow keys and W, A, S and D. Remapping the bindings does not appear to correct the issue. 

4 answers to this question

Try disabling the "Smart camera" option (should be under Graphics, if memory serves.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Turned "Smart Camera" off as suggested and it didn't solve the issue. Reinstalling the game didn't help either.

The only thing that seems to work was to set the camera scrolling speed to x4 or higher. At x2 or above the key controls started working but intermittently (i.e. can scroll up but not down, left or right). At x3.5 the left and right scroll return but with a lag.

Hey swamp_slug!

Thanks for the post. I am not experiencing the issue with panning as described, any way you could help me out with a vid? We're keeping a close eye with the camera controls, so any light on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...