If you wanted to build a ranged gun using DPS monster which class or class combination would you use?

I'm not 100% on how multiclass mechanics work but Cipher/Rogue sounds like the most potent ranged combination to me because of Soul Whip and Sneak Attack...

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It's good.

What's also good is Paladin/Ranger with dual blunderbuss or pistol because of lots of Full Attacks (FoD + Wounding Shot).

Also Blunderbuss + Ranger/Monk is kind of bonkers with Driving Flight and Swift Flurry.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's good.

What's also good is Paladin/Ranger with dual blunderbuss or pistol because of lots of Full Attacks (FoD + Wounding Shot).

Also Blunderbuss + Ranger/Monk is kind of bonkers with Driving Flight and Swift Flurry.

PIstol and Blunderbuss are can now be dual wielded? They must have bumped down the damage, otherwise that would be ridiculous.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

They lowered the damage of all guns (or raised the damage of other weapons). Also blunderbusses no longer have 6 pellets but only 5. The modal for arquebuses is a lot better than for blunderbuss or pistol (in my opinion) tough.

They lowered the damage of all guns (or raised the damage of other weapons). Also blunderbusses no longer have 6 pellets but only 5. The modal for arquebuses is a lot better than for blunderbuss or pistol (in my opinion) tough.

Hm, but isn't the principal problem of the arquebus, being slow to begin with. The modal seems to imply an even slower rate of fire. They were pretty agonizing in PoE, without quickswitch abuse.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

How would you do it for a rogue? I made a deadfire archipelago ranged focused rogue in PoE 1 specifically for import when I learned about PoE 2. It seems like a ranger dual class would make sense but I just don't see the pet being a part of my character concept, so I'd rather hear alternatives.

I initially wanted to go with a Rogue/Ranger combo, but a lot of the Ranger's skills seem focused on the companion (as opposed to the ranged abilities I was looking for) and the others are quite similar to the Rogue.

It may be that the combination of the Companion's Sneak Attack bonus, with the Rogue's Sneak Attack and affliction creating abilities, adds up to a ton of damage but I don't see a strict benefit of going Ranger/Rogue if the PC is to be the primary damage dealer, based on what has been revealed so far. Also it adds the condition that the companion is alive and attacking an afflicted target, which I think is harder to satisfy at higher levels. 

In PoE at least, the companion seems to be more of a distraction and fodder. It does deal a lot of damage if things are going your way, but on the front lines against the bosses, in my party it's usually the first to die.

Now that weapons passives have been added for all classes... Ranger is still the only one with Gunner (-20% reload speed iirc).

Ghost Heart summons the pet. So you don't have to use the pet. Maybe a bit more Rogue-like too. 

Driving Flight with firearms should be extremely good. You don't actually have to pick that many Ranger abilities if you multiclass---just one every 3 levels. And you can pick one of the universal passives for those.

Of course Black Jacket (you can get 4 weapon slots at level 1 now, with quick switch, so 8 pistol or blunderbuss shots with no reload time) or Bleak Walker are also options....

Edited by SaruNi

Of course Black Jacket (you can get 4 weapon slots at level 1 now, with quick switch, so 8 pistol or blunderbuss shots with no reload time).

That sounds really cool until I think about having to switch that many times every single combat. Can you script weapon switches with the new AI system so people can go full Blackbeard without tedium?

Sadly not.

Rangers' ranged abilities are pretty nice though. Wounding Shot and Accurate Wounding Shot are neat for example.

For a ranged rogue I would use rogue/wizard and use Kalakoth's Minor Blights with Arterial Strike and then AoE Sneak Attacks.