Out of range issue for both offensive and friendly abilities

dunehunter

Question

The original link is here https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95985-having-hard-time-to-hit-moving-target-with-abilties/?do=findComment&comment=1976446

The case is when the target is moving, there are chances that when the animation start, the target is within range of ability but when the effect kicks in, the target move out of range, which result in a forced miss and losing source power without any gain.

Case 1, using Cripple Strike from invisible to a target -> target moving -> combat tooltip shows Miss because of target out of range.

Case 2, using Lay on Hands on a friendly target -> target moving -> no effect but lose 1 zeal.

Hopefully this issue got addressed because it is annoying to lose resource in this way. Abilities should either cancel itself and refund the source if the target out of range or still hit the target even target move out of range.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

3 answers to this question

Subbing.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It happened several times that crippling strike missed because "out of range". My rogue was dual wielding melee weapons.

I think ( but I am not 100% sure) that the enemy did not move when it happened because he was engaged by (at least) one of my chars.

I did not use LoH (or other buffs/heals) on moving friends, so I did not have out of range on friendly abilities.