Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello - I have sound issues with my laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Melusina

Melusina

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Steam:Sorceress
  • Deadfire Backer

First of all, how to update manually windows 10 sound program, because I think it's bit outdated?

Secondly, any suggestions regarding how to figure out which sound card/program I have?

Sarex

Sarex

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1915 posts

Right click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner and select Device Manager, then click on 'sound video and game controllers', there you can see what sound card you have. 99% it's realtek in which case here is a link to the latest driver.

Edited by Sarex, 29 January 2018 - 12:45 PM.

• Gfted1 likes this

Melusina

Melusina

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Steam:Sorceress
  • Deadfire Backer

I updated drivers and nwnee still doesn't work properly. Sigh.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3840 posts

A quick Google shows that a NWN EE patch about a month ago broke the sound for some people. Dunno if it's been resolved yet but it may well be it's just a game bug that you're encountering.

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5577 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That's right. I've been playing and modding with the NWN EE for quite a bit for two months, and sound bugs are common. Even in the toolset, slight adjustments could mute sounds. In addition, they've changed the format for the music files.

I'd browse Beamdog's NWN EE forums. Most likely, you'll find the solution there. I use a Win10 laptop a lot with NWN EE, and it certainly works like charm in my case. But others haven't been so lucky. I don't have Realtek, though, mind you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users