Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Neverwinter Nights 3?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ogi79

Ogi79

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts

I know  team is working on Deadfire and new universe of Pillars of Ethernety  but  i  just  love more NWN universe.So my question is, any news about NWN3?

MountainTiger

MountainTiger

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Anything new is likely to come from Beamdog: they're working on an Enhanced Edition of the original NWN, and I would expect them to look at NWN2 if they can get the rights and source code. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to release some new content (probably not an entirely new game, though) as part of those projects.

daven

daven

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 519 posts

I don't trust Beamdog to do a good job.

The new content they added for BG1 and 2 Enhanced Editions were no way near the quality of the original stuff.

MountainTiger

MountainTiger

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

I thought a lot of the EE writing was weak, but there are some solid encounters both in the new NPC quests and in the Black Pits. Would be very interested in what Beamdog could put together for high-level NWN2 encounters.

CrumpetsForBreakfast

CrumpetsForBreakfast

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

NWN2 was an Obsidian game and it is not likely that Beamdog will ever do anything with it or be able to justify the investment. Their people worked on the original and are intimately familiar with the technology but did not work on the sequel and are unfamiliar with it.

If there's an NWN3 it might be done by many companies including Beamdog but if there is an NWN2 remaster it is most likely to be done by Obsidian.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4959 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not sure we'll ever see games like NWN and NWN2 again that somewhat closely implement the D&D ruleset and are highly mod-able. Plus there's the licensing terms that would need to be agreed upon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users