[Bug] Marked Prey And Sworn Ennemy

theBalthazar

Question

Doesn't stack. In the log, only one of them seems to appear.

If it is not intended = bug.

If it is intended, problem : Paladin + Ranger lose interest.

Flame of devotion cannot be used in a same time than wounding shot. (Until here, it is normal, obviously) but :

mark of the prey and sworn ennemy doesn't works together. Seems to be a bad build.

So, I think this is a bug.

------------------------------------

PS : There a big problem with Marked prey, far from me the idea to request a nerf, but :

Same damages and accuracy bonuses.

Sworn rival (upgrade) : 10m. Only Paladin can use it. Must be cast each time (Loss of time, more worry)

Marked for the hunt (upgrade) : 20m. Ranger and pet can benefit of it. Auto jump target in target.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Now a Paladin/Ranger will have tons of full attack ability to spam so he can dump Dex but still do damage. I think if Sworn enemy and prey the mark stacks it’s a bit overpowered. Don’t forget you will also get stalkers link so it gonna be a lot accuracy bonus if they stack.

Yes, but If I am a novice, a child of 3 years, and not an hardcore player of POE1 and 2, and I take these 2 talents : totally useless.

There is absolutely no advantages to have theses two abilities together.

It removes a big option from this combo.

It be indicate on the description of the ability. Like :

"Not compatible with x."

But there is no trace of this for now, and I think this will be an over-justification of a bad system. Like :

"Look a this, few multiclasses have special nerf, Look elsewhere, this combo Paladin+Ranger has fewer options."

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Yes, but If I am a novice, a child of 3 years, and not an hardcore player of POE1 and 2, and I take these 2 talents : totally useless.

There is absolutely no advantages to have theses two abilities together.

If you want to use more Ranger abilities and fewer Paladin abilities, you can substitute Sworn Enemy. There's also Branded Enemy (bugged though when last I checked). And Gilded Enmity....

But the tooltips should (eventually) contain notices or explanations about when abilities will or won't stack, especially for cases like this (or Goldpact Bear vs. Goldpact Berserker). Or maybe it's enough to explain that "abilities from similar types (active abilities being one) won't stack, except when noted"... at least having the option of turning on reminders about stacking might be useful, if the list doesn't get exceedingly long (does not stack with: list of all abilities it could stack with... could go on for a while).

Edited by SaruNi

It is not long but 80 % of the interrest of this ability is gone : p

stay 4 burn damage per 3 seconds : p Not really crazy except for defensive team (and even... I'm not sure two abilities point (base+upgrade) worth it)

Edited by theBalthazar

But the tooltips should (eventually) contain notices or explanations about when abilities will or won't stack, especially for cases like this (or Goldpact Bear vs. Goldpact Berserker). Or maybe it's enough to explain that "abilities from similar types (active abilities being one) won't stack, except when noted"... at least having the option of turning on reminders about stacking might be useful, if the list doesn't get exceedingly long (does not stack with: list of all abilities it could stack with... could go on for a while).

They'd need consistent stacking rules first, though. Currently they come off as pretty arbitrary and all over the place.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus