wave of force and disengage

kafferaas

Intended. Disengagement attacks only get triggered if you move away wilfully. It was the same in PoE.

You can trigger disengagement attacks with Rhymrgand's Visage and other frightening/terrifying effects. Enemies are more likely to disengage you (wilfully) if they are terrified.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

In beta3 terrified/frightened enemies no longer suffer disengagement attacks when they flee. I guess this was changed because the Unbroken/Wizard combo was too strong.

Edited by Boeroer

I was testing out an unbroken/monk build to use wave of force to trigger disengagement attacks. Enemy gets knocked away, but it doesnt seem to trigger disengagement. Is this a bug or intended?

I asked a couple of times in beta surpport section. If pull push should trigger disengagement or not. The devs’ answer is no as they hate synergy :p

Same as Unbroken/wizard combo. I raised this idea in one post and the Devs nerfed this! Too strong!

Intended. Disengagement attacks only get triggered if you move away wilfully. It was the same in PoE.

You can trigger disengagement attacks with Rhymrgand's Visage and other frightening/terrifying effects. Enemies are more likely to disengage you (wilfully) if they are terrified.

talking about disengagement.. i often trigger disengagement myself in poe when i try to "re-position" my characters. the idea is not to disengage but to manoeuvre during engagement. the idea is just to simply.. allowing my other characters to move through or to position an aoe so that the character dont gets targeted.

is this possible in deadfire?

In Deadfire your other party members can get bumped aside (not away from the target, just to the side if possible) when a teammate wants to close in as well. When this happens they will not trigger disengagement attacks. Only if you move them actively.

In Deadfire your other party members can get bumped aside (not away from the target, just to the side if possible) when a teammate wants to close in as well. When this happens they will not trigger disengagement attacks. Only if you move them actively.

how about re-positioning? like moving around the circles when still engaged? that is important let's say you were to target a cone AoE on chokepoints.

In PoE you got a disengagement attack for that (what I really dislike). I haven't payed attention too much to that problem in Deadfire to be honest (I simply avoid moving my chars at all when engaged) so I can't say if this is better now.

Edited by Boeroer