Can't quickload "error loading next map" "to prevent save file corruption"

thelee

Question

I've been having a bit of trouble with combat, so I quick-load.

Which bumps me back to the main menu with an error about loading the next map and that to prevent save file corruption, I've been booted back to the main menu.

Dropbox link containing output_log, dxdiag, and save file I continue from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ew7o95sfqwny2dy/AADgiyvYk-e_-Q9sjoQYQSMha?dl=0

To repro on my machine, get into a fight and quick-load. (Haven't tested to see if it matters if I'm in combat or not.)

6 answers to this question

Update:  the crash occurred again loading from the world map to Poko Kohara ruins with a different group of adventurers. But the commonality was that in both cases, after finishing up the enemies in the Poko Kohara desert region, I went back to Tikiwara to get the copper shell key. Possibly the copper shell key is bugged? The only workaround I've found is to quit the game, completely exit the Steam client, restart it, go back into the game and load my last save, and then I am able to enter the Ruins map from the world map.

• Like 1

Started new game after patch, dismissed my team, only main character left, but when I viewed load option - file showed me full member list - every save was corrupted.

That was right after I've entered Poko Kohara ruins (first fight forced me to load)

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I am having similar issues when trying to enter Poko Kohara Ruins from the travel map screen. And also when trying to reload while I am already inside Poko Kohara Ruins. After a few reloads it seems to fix itself, although once after reloading my main characters portrait changed. 

Hey all!

Sorry for your issues with quickloading, it's been giving us a hard time to pinpoint whats the core, but Poko Kohara is definitely associated with it. We have it bugged in our system for a bit and are trying to get a fix. Again, apologies!

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...