Abandoned actions

dbn

Question

This is more a request than a bug (I think):

I've noticed that actions are occasionally abandoned (not interrupted) for no discernible (to me) reason.  Would it be possible to mouse over the abandoned action message in the log and have it say why the action was abandoned?  This way, I can figure out if it's me doing something wrong or some other reason.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I've had this happen to me as well.

I believe this happens due to the engagement mechanic. If you order a character to perform an action, but the character gets engaged before doing so, the action is cancelled.

I agree it is fairly annoying though. It would be good to have an option to force characters to complete their action upon being engaged. Granted, the mechanism is there for a reason: If performing your action entails breaking the newly acquired engagement, you get hurt. However, I'd like to be in charge of that.

Additional suggestion for the devs: If the action in question is to be performed on the enemy that engaged you, the action should be completed instead of aborted (since it does not require engagement to be broken.) This way, I can still have my character stop what they are doing if it entails taking a disengagement attack, but if there's no risk of disengagement, I don't have to re-issue the same order again.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

To add to the above, it is incredibly annoying when you've supercharged your one use of Minoletta's Concussive Missiles and then you abandon it.... Seems like the wizard in this case would probably take the risk of damage (if this is truly due to engagement) to finish this spell.