weapon damage in character screen

Madscientist

Question

- When I put my mouse over the damage, the tooltip says "damage = 0".

https://imgur.com/a/n74l8

- For my main char (fighter/rogue) and the mercenary rogue, the damage shown is very high. I assume this is because of sneak attack is included in this number. According to the ability section, sneak attack should only work if the target is under the influence of a status effect (as in PoE1). But under active effects sneak attack is shown as +50% damage, without conditions.

expected behaviour:

Sneak attack should only work on targets with a negative status effect or in the first 2 seconds of the fight (as in PoE1 and as written in the ability description). It schould not be a permanent active effect and it should not be shown as the damage of your current equipment.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hey Madscientist,

We're aware of both issues and they're currently being worked on. It also looks like you're correct in that it is showing the active Sneak Attack damage and not taking the conditions into account. Thanks for the post!

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

It looks like other classes have the same bug.

- Somebody mentioned that kind wayfarer paladins have permanent -15%damage, not only when the requirements for sneak attack are met.

- Could somebody please check the beguiler cipher or the ranger pet? Both have talents that their damage depends on weather the sneak attack conditions are there or not.

Maybe some other classes too, I do not know all talents of all classes.

In any case, if a char has any talent that is dependent on weather the sneak attack conditions are there or not, it sould not be shown as active effect without conditions.

It would also be good to check if there are other problems with talents that require a condition to work, like the ranger pet doing more damage if the target has a dot.

Yeah, we have a good amount of conditional classes right now that still need some tweaking, both the Kind Wayfarer and Ranger Pets have been bugged. 

These are seriously great finds. Thanks for the assist buddy!

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...