Health vs. Endurance/Health

Hemmer

I'm surprised that the capped wound limit doesn't seem to bother more people, especially when it's essentially working against diversifying character builds against others. The visual emphasis via the mentioned 'traffic light' next to the character portraits doesn't exactly help ignoring and looking past the issue as well.

Not giving Constitution 'a little more bang for the buck' - by letting it have a tangible effect on the wound limit - and making it less of a dump stat - beyond just 'more hitpoints' - would be quite the missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

I'm surprised that the capped wound limit doesn't seem to bother more people, especially when it's essentially working against diversifying character builds against others. The visual emphasis via the mentioned 'traffic light' next to the character portraits doesn't exactly help ignoring and looking past the issue as well.

Not giving Constitution 'a little more bang for the buck' - by letting it have a tangible effect on the wound limit - and making it less of a dump stat - beyond just 'more hitpoints' - would be quite the missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

Just spitballing, but if wounds reduced just your _base_ max health, then constitution would be important since it would help mitigate the effect of wounds.

I've gone back to PoE awaiting the next Beta build. 

Rolled a melee Cipher (PotD) who uses staffs to melee attack but safely (safer?) from range. He doesn't get KO'd but the attrition of health loss is forcing me to rest pretty frequently. Much different from my typical Juggernaut Monk who I rolled again and he has the health to fight for multiple maps without appreciable health loss forcing frequent resting.

I guess my point is that the old system really punished non-traditional melee who had substantially smaller health pools than super tanky melee like high con Monks. Based on this fresh look at PoE I'm liking the new health only system with four injuries a lot more.

This was really interesting, thanks. That's exactly why I'd never completed a melee cipher run in PoE -- I could never figure out a way to build them where they weren't crazy squishy.

Somewhere in the early part of this thread I expressed a similar concern (as I had begun to replay my original Cypher as a melee character). Resting was EQ dependent, and not really choice in POE.  Despite the basically LTP responses, I still think this new system will be kinder to non-traditional melee builds in the long run.