Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Resting on the waves and triage onboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5588 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wouldn't it be extremely neat with a Rest ability on our boat?

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG), I started to dream about this.

And, given that we know that our ship will be our upgradeable castle later in the game, I have this strong hunch that resting onboard is some upgradable capacity, just like onboard triage will be - a ship doctor, and of course, a ship cook, making dishes which heal our wounds. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, 16 November 2017 - 01:55 AM.

• Khamok likes this

Lonebegger

Lonebegger

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Steam:Lonebegger
  • Xbox Gamertag:Lonebegger
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Another thing I noticed about the boat is there's no way to level your characters up while sailing, not necessarily a major thing but would be nice assuming there are events at sea that could cause level ups

cheesevillain

cheesevillain

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Wouldn't it be extremely neat with a Rest ability on our boat?

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG), I started to dream about this.

And, given that we know that our ship will be our upgradeable castle later in the game, I have this strong hunch that resting onboard is some upgradable capacity, just like onboard triage will be - a ship doctor, and of course, a ship cook, making dishes which heal our wounds. :)

I'll eat a fully grown, rampaging elephant if this isn't the case. They wouldn't implement pirate attacks on the open sea that injure your companions and crew if you couldn't heal between them.

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3087 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG)

Actually, no you don't. That one lady will rent you rooms *right* from the beginning. The reputation effect increases or decreases the cost of those rooms, that's all.

Sking

Sking

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 655 posts

Hey IndiraLightFoot,

Many of our ship systems are still under construction. To your points, don't worry we got you ;). Many more features to come in regards to ships.

I got your backs

- SKing

• dunehunter, IndiraLightfoot, Ganrich and 2 others like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5588 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wonderful news!, SKing! :)

Now, I'll use my secret future scrying ability:

Next expansion will be Archfiend Archipelagos, and we will get to sail our beloved ships into countless sunsets, complete with a ship monkey in the crow's nest, singing Engwithan drinking songs.

• Blades of Vanatar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users