Characters constantly chase mouse cursor

fintilgin

Question

No other input devices attached, but my characters constantly move to chase the mouse cursor 'movement preview icon' thing.  It's like I was constantly clicking or holding down the mouse button.  It means I can't really interact with the game or ui while unpaused.  Move down to click 'level up' and my party dashes down toward the lower left, try to scroll around town and pick somewhere to go and they run after my cursor the whole time.  I haven't even tried to leave town or get in combat because I suspect it would be pretty much unplayable.  :(

No other problems with the ui, I can left click on things normally, no sign of phantom clicking or anything weird.  Game acts perfectly fine, except my characters chase the mouse cursor.

Dxdiag attached

EDIT:  Not sure if it's related, but I also can't EXIT maps.  I can't leave the town, for example, the little world map icon just doesn't respond to clicking or being moused over.  I can however ENTER huts and buildings in town, but once I'm inside I can't leave them.  The icon that should return me to the town map does not function.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by fintilgin

3 answers to this question

I encountered that one too. I played whit the keybindings before and a reset to default keybindings solved it. But i have no idea which key setting could be the culprit.

Thanks!  That was it.  I can confirm and repeat that assigning 'highlight interactables' to the right mouse button (second slot) causes these issues.  My characters no longer chase the mouse cursor and map exit/entry icons work normally.

I set my rmb to highlight before even starting, because it is the One True Way to play Pillars.  :p