About the PoE 1 -> 2 transition

I, for one, find the possibility of genderswapping intriguing. 

The first character I import will be an Orlan Priest of Wael, who presented as male in Pillars 1.  But enjoying the effect that androgyny has on the perceptions of others seems like a very Wael-ish character trait-- give everyone a mystery to solve, rather than present the answer openly.  And maybe encourage them to challenge some of their underlying assumptions about sex and gender along the way.  So perhaps I'll switch him (her?  WHO REALLY KNOWS??!) to using female pronouns, voiceset, character model, etc., for Deadfire.  I wouldn't expect the game to notice, but I might find it amusing.

am expecting such a change would need go unnoticed as dealing with it would be too controversial.

in poe, victims o' awakenings is relegated to the tender care o' animancers and sanitariums during a time before any kinda uniform code o' ethical practice has been developed regarding the treatment o' benighted souls.  males trapped in the bodies of women is nothing new to the people o' eora and gender ambiguity ain't even new to your party. sure, 'cause the poe writers is more liberal and enlightened than would be their game world counterparts, we could see your gender vagueness being treated in a more open-minded manner than expected, but as the victim o' a not-so-dead god's soul shredding, you would, we suspect, be viewed with pity and most likely relegated to patient status... which would be less than amusing but possible more intriguing in any event.  have the pale elf quasi-companion offering to cure you o' your malady through nightmare inducing means?   given the wicht experiments, we could see an attempted cure for you being to graft onto you a piece of a soul from a female baboon kept perpetual in estrus so as to more polarize you toward venus as 'posed to mars... so to speak. 

regardless, make your gender ambiguity the result o' external forces which you is having fallen victim to is unlikely to be the way in which obsidian wants to handle a potential lightning rod issue. obsidian approach could be compelling or poignant or humorous or banal, but unfortunately in the current political climate, such stuff would be disproportionate controversial. ignore might be best approach.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)