Sandpoint Under Siege:

269Hawkmoon

Question

I got the PC version on Steam recently. I'm playing Sandpoint Under Siege and both times the Jorgenfist Stone Giant henchmen aren't giving me a chance to close.

Platform: PC (Windows 10)

username: atwarner #9699

Scenario: Sandpoint Under Siege, normal, no wildcards

Permadeath: Off

Party Order and Locations: Ezren (Old Light), Merisiel (Wooden Bridge), Sajan (Waterfront), Valeros (City Gate), Seoni (Scarnetti Manor), Lini (Sandpoint Cathedral)

Difficulty: Normal

First turn: Scenario power reveals Yap the Pixie at Wooden Bridge, so he is banished. Ezren explores Old Light, henchman. Plays Fiery Blast, no other cards, result of 28. Fails recharge check. No opportunity to close location.

I kept playing and much later Valeros defeated one at the City Gate via Warhammer +3 and Seoni's help from Incendiary Cloud and no opportunity again. But then, later Seoni encountered one at Scarnetti and did get the chance to close. She'd had the boon error listed below on a Token of Remembrance, then correct results on Longsword and Vale Temros, then the henchman. She already had Glibness displayed from the start of her turn, then used her power (sacrificing Sihedron Medalion) and Wand of Envervation.

I'll add a lot of other things are off when I play this one. For example:

Goblin Warchanter let Valeros play a weapon without the Wisdom check. Chains popped onto Weapons for a split second after it was defeated.

Merisiel failed Wyvern to defeat Wyvern, discarded cards, then (after they were processed as discarded) had to do the Constitution check to see if she could reduce damage or not.

Scarnetti Manor power triggering after succeeding at the check to acquire a boon on each turn.

Falling Bell had Merisiel (alone at Wooden Bridge) do Dexterity/Acrobatics check first, then Wisdom/Perception check, then Dexterity/Acrobatics check again.

Edited by 269Hawkmoon

13 answers to this question

Yep. Most summoned hensmans now allow closing, at least in Goblin adventure.

The Goblin adventure does not got to adventure deck 3 as far as I know, which is where this problem is occurring. Just tried this again, and still not fixed, come on! Stuck on getting through the rest of the campaign until this is fixed.

Edit: Tried again tonight (8pm Pacific) and had at least 4 locations that I COULD have closed and probably beat the scenario, but the it's still not working. Started to get frustrated that its taking so long to test a fix.

Edited by kobrien02
  • Like 1

Anyone still having issues with this mission?

I haven't tried it in the past two days, but given that Flounder said they were testing a fix only 4 days ago, I would be surprised if it had been fixed yet. I haven't noticed any software updates since then.

Edited by 269Hawkmoon

This is still an issue.  Despite it I did manage to beat the scenario, a little luck (and knowing I could close the cathedral) and a few repeats.

FYI, it seems some of the actions that should precede a card aren't happening till after a card, which I think is what's making closing bug out.

Not sure if you're pushing out that update for all platforms so I'll just confirm that the iOS version currently has the same bug that the original poster reported. The giants in Sandpoint Under Siege do not allow closing.

Yes the update will be for all platforms. Expect it in a couple of days :) It's currently in review by Apple.

• Like 1