Enchant armor bug

CharlesCC2

Question

I'm encountering a bug where upon enchanting Saint's War Armor with Fine (+2 damage reduction) it no longer seems to apply damage reduction for piercing.  The stats of the armor show the +2 DR being applied to overall DR, slash, pierce, and freeze, but under character stats the pierce damage reduction completely disappears.

Images of armor and player stats before and after Fine enchantment:

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

If I'm misunderstanding something with the game mechanics here please let me know.  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to hold off on the enchantment.

3 answers to this question

Nothing strange here :)

Unenchanted scale armor gives:

7 general DR

9 (i.e. 125%) vs slash and freeze

5 (i.e. 75%) vs pierce

Unenchanted scale armor with +3 vs Pierce gives:

7 general DR

9 (i.e. 125%) vs slash and freeze

8 (i.e. 75% from 10) vs pierce

Fine scale armor gives:

9 general DR

11 (i.e. 125%) vs slash and freeze

7 (i.e. 75% from 9) vs pierce

Fine scale armor with +3 vs Pierce gives:

9 general DR

11 (i.e. 125%) vs slash and freeze

9 (i.e. 75% from 12) vs pierce

That's why you see pierce DR combined with others.

P.S. Get a plate armor, and enchant it vs pierce as it also provides a bonus vs it ;)

• Like 1

Thank you so much.  When I saw the pierce damage reduction indicator disappear, in my mind pierce damage reduction literally went to zero.   :biggrin:

Obviously makes no sense to think that way as that would mean any damage type not showing there would have a damage reduction value of zero, so yeah... lol.

The learning point is that if a damage reduction type is the same as the general damage reduction then it will not have its own standalone indicator as it has the same value as the general DR.  Thanks a bunch for breaking the numbers down as well.  And I guess the bonuses to slash and freeze, as well as the penalty to pierce are simply reflections of the nature of how well the particular armor type mitigates those different types of damage?

And I guess the bonuses to slash and freeze, as well as the penalty to pierce are simply reflections of the nature of how well the particular armor type mitigates those different types of damage?

Yeap. And you can check these bonuses/maluses here.

P.S. I have to note though, that due to the nature of enemies you meet in PoE, robe, padded, hide and plate seem to be the most efficient (overall) armor types (aside from a few very niche character builds).

Edited by MaxQuest