Working my way through a tactical battle in the first game, and I noticed something: The auto-pause options in PoE I don't cover every situation where characters are twiddling their thumbs. For instance, when you're done quaffing a potion.

Rather than set lots of options for specific things that tend to leave your character idle, why not auto-pause on the idle state itself?  As soon as your character has the [...] over their heads, auto-pause. Then I can rest assured Aloth isn't lollygagging after nipping from his purple flask. It also covers "xaurip gibbed" and "finished moving out of the way of a flaming dragon belch".

Edited by PrimeHydra
  • Like 5

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

Working my way through a tactical battle in the first game, and I noticed something: The auto-pause options in PoE I don't cover every situation where characters are twiddling their thumbs. For instance, when you're done quaffing a potion.

Rather than set lots of options for specific things that tend to leave your character idle, why not auto-pause on the idle state itself?  As soon as your character has the [...] over their heads, auto-pause. Then I can rest assured Aloth isn't lollygagging after nipping from his purple flask. It would also cover the bases of "xaurip gibbed" and "finished moving out of the way of a flaming dragon belch".

This is a great idea, actually!

Like a "pause when game is idle for X minutes" slider-option.  I would always have it pause after it's been sitting for 5 mins myself..

cheers

I've been wanting this as well. I hit chip at my space bar far too often.

Another Idea that I want is action queuing, which I talked about in another thread.

Action queuing could use better feedback for sure. Although we can queue actions with Shift + click, there's no indication of what's in the queue. A little row of queued action icons would be nice, with the ability to remove or reorder them.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)