[1.2.6.3, Steam+Win10] Nethys blessings really broken with "on encounter" effects

thelee

Question

Original thread here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92963-game-got-into-a-broken-state-after-encountering-a-harpy-monk-using-nethys-blessing/

Basically game got into hella broken state when using Nethys, selecting a Harpy Monk to be on top, and then encountering it automatically.

I had a similar brokenness occur again just now using Nethys in a Shrine to Lamashtu (take 2 mental damage upon encountering a blessing); used Nethys and ordered a Blessing of Norgorber on top. Encountered it. Then things got really screwy. First of all, I got a damage animation, but didn't have to discard anything. I then got prompted for "Check/Bury?" (since this is a Blessing of Norgorber). I opted to do a check, with my druid, and I got prompted to do a Divine roll. I set it up, and rolled a 17. I then got dealt 17 damage! I had to discard my entire hand (obviously), and then I gained the Blessing of Norgorber.

Between the Monk Harpy and the Blessing of Norgorber, I'm going to say that it's probably not a good idea to use the Blessing of Nethys to put anything on top that would trigger an "on encounter" effect.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question