party members

one thing i found to be odd in kotor was the dark shapes of party members in the party screen. you could see what kind of people would join you right after you started the game (the droids sure couldn't be missed).

i didn't really like that at first and i don't know if i'm going to like it if they do it in kotor2 as well.

what do you think of it?

should we see the shapes of party members in the party screen before they even joined?

also, i don't know if i've missed this somewhere, but is there a fix number of party members or is there a pool of NPCs which can be recruited (thus forcing you to choose on whom to pick)

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

one thing i found to be odd in kotor was the dark shapes of party members in the party screen. you could see what kind of people would join you right after you started the game (the droids sure couldn't be missed).

A little pedantic don't you think? I don't see why that even matters.

you're not the first one to tell me that :unsure: i don't know- i haven't seen that in any other rpg before. it just felt odd, that's all.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

i don't think the shapes is a bad thing at all, if i would have paid more attention to them the first time i played, then maybe i would have recognized the shape of Juhani's head when i met her. then i would have realized that she was suppose to be a party member. instead i killed her, and ended up playing the first time through with no Juhani at my side. that sucked cause she kicks ass. the shapes give u a lil heads up on who to look out for. i think thats a good thing!!

you're not the first one to tell me that :blink: i don't know- i haven't seen that in any other rpg before. it just felt odd, that's all.

You know what. Because you were so nice about me saying that I'm going to throw one of these :) right back at you.

:huh:

I liked the shadows in KotOR. When I looked at the centre one, I thought to myself... that pose and shape of head, hes gotta be badass... and Jolee did live up to my expectations :D

Not sure about the 'pool' of NPCs you can choose from, I prefer characters chosen for you, for one it helps drive the story and perhaps brings in an element of fate??

Didn't they say in one (or some) of the previews that different npcs may join you depending on what path you take on the game? So I'd imagine they are taking a different approach, if it isn't a predetermined thing.

Or else they have it where after you had made a decision(chosen a path) suddenly a new square appears with that characters head..but that seems kinda lame..