What can I spend gold on

Nilus2k

Question

Just downloaded the game and earned about 600 gold. When I go into the store everything either has a cash price or it says -1 gold and errors out when I try to buy it. So is something messed up or am I missing something?

5 answers to this question

Just downloaded the game and earned about 600 gold. When I go into the store everything either has a cash price or it says -1 gold and errors out when I try to buy it. So is something messed up or am I missing something?

Sounds like Obsidian's store was down for whatever reason. It usually gets fixed in a while and/or upon restarting the app.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Like Longshot11 mentioned, a restart of the app should probably fix it.  The -1 gold price is usually what happens when the app didn't quite connect right with the servers (which appear to be working okay).

If you're looking for suggestions on what to spend your gold on, buy at least the first Adventure Deck or two before saving gold for characters or treasure chests.  You'll get a better feel for the rules of the game and have more content to play around with as you contemplate grinding out gold or spending $25 to buy the entire Rise of the Runelords package (I did, it's worth it!).

I'd go:

1-. Get the discounted adventure packs

2-. Get the rest of the adventures or save for the character addon pack.

3-. Get the rest of the adventures in case you got the character addon pack before purchasing all of them

4-. Get the rest of the base characters (or save for the base + alt pack), or just go for chests to complete the card collection.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I restarted the app this morning and was able to make good purchases. Enjoying the game a lot and debating just buying the 24.99 pack. What isn't included with that?

The $25 bundle gets you all RoTR Adventure Decks (AD1-AD6), all base characters and the character deck, and about a half-dozen special promo cards.  However, it does not give you the special alternate characters that were released late last year, treasure chests, or gold.  The bundle is only a complete RoTR "base" set.

It is certainly possible to free-play your way to the end, but if you do the math to figure how long that might take, it might not be a lot of fun.  The strength of buying the bundle is that you don't have to worry about grinding your way through the game and you can just have fun playing it.  All the gold you earn can be spent on fluff like treasure chests and character alts.

That being said.... there's the PC release scheduled for about two weeks from now, and it is likely that will be accompanied by a patch or content update for the mobile version.  The first two adventures are pretty cheap, so that might give you some inexpensive gameplay to mess around with while we wait to see the details about the rumored $35 bundle that may include yet even more content.