Sync characters between iPad and iPhone

Hello everyone, a question about character sync - when I'm home I'm using my iPad to play and when I'm on the road I use my iPhone. How do I, if possible at all, sync my characters between both devices? I mean skills, powers, cards and etc...

If they are both using the same GameCenter account you don't need to sync anything.  They should be using the same PlayFab account.

However, freaky things can happen if you fail to log out of one of the devices and log in to other at the same time.

• Like 1

If they are both using the same GameCenter account you don't need to sync anything.  They should be using the same PlayFab account.

However, freaky things can happen if you fail to log out of one of the devices and log in to other at the same time.

I am using the same account on both devices, but you say I have to logout from one and then login on the other?

I am using the same account on both devices, but you say I have to logout from one and then login on the other?

No.  It's fine to be logged in on multiple devices at the same time.  But as flounder pointed out, if you accidentally log off one device, or happen to be playing without an internet connection, goofy things can happen with the sync process.

Compounding all this is that certain syncs happen at certain times; it isn't some sort of continuous background process.  Assuming you aren't in the middle of a scenario, one of the best ways to fire off a proper sync is:

On the device with "up-to-date" data:

1. Start the app, select Story (or quest), and chose a party

2. Once you are at the "overworld" and are given the opportunity to chose a scenario/difficulty, the game should have synced those characters up to the server

3. (optional) Starting a scenario and forfeiting it should sync a party save up to the server, but more often than not, issues are with characters, not the game save itself

On the device with "out-of-date" data:

1. Force quit the app and restart

2. When you see the "logged in" popup, it should have synced those characters (or saves) back down from the server

If the out-of-date device is just irredeemably off-sync, it may be easiest to delete that copy of the app and reinstall.  That way it can pull a fresh set of data back from the pathfinder cloud.

• Like 1