Endless Paths of Od Nu : Impossible to unlock door at level 6

Kaaron

Question

Description:

I am not able to open the door at the 6th level of the dungeon. I do have the threes stones into my inventory reserve but I do not have the option to use the stone.

Describe the issue that is occurring.

I played to the game some months before and I've been able to reach the 6th level on the dungeon.
I recently continue to play to the game, with TWM I + II and I did completed TWM.

I have return to the donjon, until the door at the 6th level and I had a "dialog" with the door.
At that moment I have been able to place to stone but one was missing.
I decided so to remove the stone, to go to the 4th level in order to grab the missing stone.

Once done I've return to the 6th level, front of the door, but then no option was selectable.
It seems that the game do not recognize my iventory items.

I took a look into it and I saw that these stones are stores into the so called "Reserve Inventory".
The 3 stones are here and some even appears in double (which may be the cause of the problem).

Nevertheless, I am not able to place any of this stone on the door !

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Maybe to have twice the same stone into your inventory.

11 answers to this question

Argh, sorry! No, actually I was telling you how to open another door. :) Shame on me!

This really sounds like a bug. I never encountered it though. If you are on Steam, you could try to verify your game cache and see if that helps. Close the game first.

If it doesn't and you don't care about achievements, you could try to remove and then add the stones again via console and see if that helps. I may be that the weird clones of the seal stones lead to an internal naming pattern like "blood_stone(clone_1)" or something similar which messes up the triggers for the door dialogue. It's just a guess. 

If that also doesn't help, I don't know what to do next to be honest.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, here are the steps how to remove the overseer seal stones (tested in game - but without the bug of course):

- open the console (look up the key combination in the game options, you have to hit enter, too I guess)

- type: iroll20s  --> enter; a warning appears in the combat log window, your achievements are diabled and so on

- reopen console, type: removeitem quest_item_overseer_seal_red --> enter

- repeat with quest_item_overseer_seal_green

- repeat with quest_item_overseer_seal_blue

- save and quit the game

- open the game and load the savegame

- open console

- type: additem quest_item_overseer_seal_red 1 --> enter

- repeat with the other two seals (blue and green). Don't forget the 1. 

- save and quit

- open the game and load savegame - try to approach the door

Good luck! :)

eidt: the commands are not case sensitive. That means you can type iroll20s or Iroll20s, removeItem or removeitem and so on, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, lets go a bit creative. The global variables for this door are:

nLeftInlay   2

nMiddleInlay 1

nRightInlay   3

0 = empty, 1 = red seal placed; 2 = blue seal placed; 3 = green seal placed

and the wonderful tool Eternity Keeper is up to date :) Lets edit the savegame.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/75/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fpillarsofeternity%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D75&pUp=1

Open the file, then select Edit globals in the File Menu and find the 3 named one and change the values. Then save that, and try the modification, the scripted interaction should give you the "is already inserted" options and the door should open.