Jump to content
Sad Panda

The strange ship pulls alongside your vessel...

Recommended Posts

> Nonsense! Let me try again, I'm sure it'll work this time.

 

Ellie smiles knowingly as you lean in for a another kiss, a slightly deeper and longer one this time. The lapping of the waves against the hull does little to disguise the gentle slobbering noise you're making.

 

Aloth: The wizard sighs despondently. "This is what our grand quest has come to. Making out with ogres in the depths of pirate ships."

 

Edér: "Should we go, or...?"

 

Not entirely surprisingly, Ellie remains her ogrish self as you break free of the kiss. She does seem to have enjoyed herself quite thoroughly, though.

 

Pallegina: "Maybe... maybe you should keep going." The Godlike is sounding a tad flustered.

 

Ellie: The ogre gives a little giggle. "No, no, I appreciate the effort, but seems I'll just have to bear this horrid curse for now." She nails the back of her hand on her forehead and looks away, gushing melodrama. "But don't be sad! Your valiant efforts have given me heart to carry on!" She breaks her pose, smothering a titter. "And a nice little memory, too."

 

> We haven't tried everything yet. Form a queue! We're giving her smooches until one sticks!

> I'm sorry it didn't work. Is there anything else I can do for you? I feel bad just leaving you like this.

> Are you really under a curse?

> Welp, it was fun, at least. Back to my questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I'm sorry it didn't work. Is there anything else I can do for you? I feel bad just leaving you like this.

 

Ellie: For a moment, the ogre seems taken aback by your sincere concern. Her wide-eyed surprise quickly melts into a warm smile, however. "No wonder the others had trouble dealing with you, if this is how you go about things. But no, I really am fine. Promise." She exhales slowly. "Was there anything more you wanted to know?"

 

> How is it you came to be here?

> Where did you get that dress? I didn't know they made them ogre-sized.

> Can you tell me about the ship and its crew?

> When we first came in, you looked pretty spooked...

> Can you tell about this witch and the curse she cast on you?

> Is it because of the curse that you're polishing all these cannonballs?

> Is there anything to eat around here? I'm famished.

> I guess I didn't have any questions, after all.

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> When we first came in, you looked pretty spooked...

 

Ellie: "Oh, I was just a little nervous. The people one runs into at sea often aren't particularly pleasant -- even if one's appearance didn't evoke an immediate fight-or-flight in most 'civilised' peoples -- and I haven't had as much practice as the others. I'm glad you turned out to be such decent kith, though." She smiles to empathise how much more at ease she is than when you first met her.

 

> "Practice"?

> How is it you came to be here?

> Where did you get that dress? I didn't know they made them ogre-sized.

> Can you tell me about the ship and its crew?

> Can you tell about this witch and the curse she cast on you?

> Is it because of the curse that you're polishing all these cannonballs?

> Is there anything to eat around here? I'm famished.

> I guess I didn't have any questions, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Can you tell me about the ship and its crew?

 

Ellie: "The Musical Fruit? Sure, what do you want to know?"

 

> Are you guys really pirates? I've never seen a crew that behaves so... erratically.

> How is the crew almost entirely Orlan? I haven't seen that many of them in Deadfire.

> What can you tell me about Captain Thundernipples?

> Do you know Numella?

> Where does the ship's name come from?

> Why is everyone wearing codpieces?

> What's up with that huge capstan?

> What would you say are the ship's strategic weak points?

> That's enough about the ship and its crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Are you guys really pirates? I've never seen a crew that behaves so... erratically.

 

Ellie: The ogre flutters her eyelashes. "Why, whatever could you mean? As far as I know, this is a perfectly normal pirate ship. Of course, it's the only pirate ship I've ever been on, so I honestly wouldn't know if the crew behaved... 'erratically', was it?"

 

> The entire crew wearing codpieces isn't at all odd to you?

> The first time I met Captain Thundernipples, he nearly cracked his skull open on several occasions, then acted like nothing happened.

> Usually when pirates board your ship, you'd expect murder and plunder to ensue. All you've demanded of me so far was a long-winded pragmatist discussion.

> [Resolve] Any fool can see there's something odd going on here, and you will tell me about it.

> Fine, I'll let it lie for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Usually when pirates board your ship, you'd expect murder and plunder to ensue. All you've demanded of me so far was a long-winded pragmatist discussion.

 

Ellie: "Oh! The captain didn't by any chance have it written down, did he?" She peers at you hopefully.

 

Aloth: "He did, in fact." The wizard seems very eager to relate your scholastic exploits. "I provided some additional notation where I could, though of course without sufficient time for collocation and a proper reference library at my disposal I could unfortunately only provide very desultory input. Meanwhile, Pallegina here did a very good job transcribing the debate proper, very good indeed."

 

Pallegina: "Well, I... I did my best, naturally, but I'm... I'm hardly a scribe..."

 

Aloth: "All the more impressive that the result should be elegant enough to put many a professional copyist in the academia to shame, I should think!"

 

Pallegina: The Godlike throws her hands up in protest. "Really, I only wrote down what was put before me. I brought no additional value, unlike your notes. I found it quite impressive you could cite so many esoteric sources from memory; I don't consider myself by any means poorly-read, but did not know half of those works even by title."

 

Edér: "Oh will you two get over yourselves!"

 

Aloth: The wizard leans toward Ellie to faux-whisper: "He didn't contribute."

 

Edér: The rogue kicks a nearby beam softly. "Well sorry I was brought up a simple farmer. Not everyone had fancy books and private tutors and..." His grumbling trails off into an ambient mumble promising the underscore the conversation for some time to come.

 

Ellie: The ogre regards Edér's moping with a gentle amusement for a moment before returning to the topic at hand. "I'll have to give it a read later. One burns through reading material very quickly here at sea."

 

Aloth: "Oh, isn't that just the truth! No matter how many book you bring, it's never enough...!"

 

You get the distinct feeling you have discovered the one spot in the lawless Deadfire where the value of philosophical discourse is taken to be axiomatic, and pursuing this line of inquiry is likely only going to launch you on a very long tangent. You clear your throat to regain Ellie's attention.

 

> The entire crew wearing codpieces isn't at all odd to you?

> The first time I met Captain Thundernipples, he nearly cracked his skull open on several occasions, then acted like nothing happened.

> [Resolve] Any fool can see there's something odd going on here, and you will tell me about it.

> Fine, I'll let it lie for now.

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [Resolve] Any fool can see there's something odd going on here, and you will tell me about it.

 

> [Resolve] Any fool can see there's something odd going on here, and you will tell me about it.

 

Ellie: The ogre's expression darkens. "Don't take that tone with me, <%PCName>. I thought we were friends."

 

> [Resolve] I'm not about to let the issue go. It's important, and I must know.

> [Might] You'll find my tone the least of your worries if you don't tell me what I want to know. Now.

> I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come on so hard.

> Let's just change the subject.

 

 

(hopefully i can join too)

 

((You can pick any dialogue option in any post, though if you pick one that appears on multiple occasions I'll presume you want the first one unless you specify otherwise. You might want to load an older savegame, though, since Harry Easter's pretty much made this path his own already...))

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [Resolve] I'm not about to let the issue go. It's important, and I must know.

 

Ellie: "Oh? And why exactly is it so important?" The ogre's curt tone carries but a bare hint of its earlier playfulness.

 

Pallegina: "Yes, why indeed."

 

> Well, uh...

> I suspect the crew is under a sinister influence you may not even be aware of.

> If you really are pirates, I'll be obligated to shut you down or die trying. I need to know all the details before I make the decision on how to proceed, however.

> Because not knowing is driving me nuts, that's why. I just know it'll keep nagging me if I don't find out.

> [Might] Just tell me. You don't want to see me push the issue.

> Let's just change the subject.

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I suspect the crew is under a sinister influence you may not even be aware of.

 

Ellie: The ogre mulls over your point for a moment. A smile sneaks back onto her face, to be quickly suppressed. "How could I tell you about something that I'm not aware of?" Before you can answer, she hastens to add: "And if I were aware of such an influence, surely I would have already asked a roaming humanitarian such as yourself for help."

 

Edér: "She's got you there."

 

Pallegina: "'Roaming humanitarian' is correct. We enter strangers' homes uninvited just on the off-chance they might have problems we could help them with."

 

> Well, uh...

> You might still know something that could help us shed a light on the matter, even if you don't have the whole picture.

> Not necessarily, if you feared for your own safety. You said it yourself: People you meet at sea are often none too pleasant.

> Stop trying to confuse the issue. Lives could be at stake.

> Let's just change the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Not necessarily, if you feared for your own safety. You said it yourself: People you meet at sea are often none too pleasant.

 

Ellie: "I can assure you I'm quite safe here. And... oh, I suppose I can reveal that you are, as well, without giving too much away. And so is any other seafarer our merry band comes across, at least as long as they keep the aforementioned unpleasantness to themselves. The only violence you'll see aboard the Musical Fruit is that which you bring yourself." The ogre smacks her lips dryly. "And that's the only clue you're wringing out of me."

 

> So there is something going on. Why can't you just tell me what it is?

> [Might] I've had enough of your games. Talk, before I make you scream.

> As long as no one's getting hurt, I guess I can let the matter lie.

> Alright, fine. I'll just figure it out on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> So there is something going on. Why can't you just tell me what it is?

 

Ellie: "My, where would the fun be in that?"

 

> [Might] I've had enough of your games. Talk, before I make you scream.

> As long as no one's getting hurt, I guess I can let the matter lie.

> Alright, fine. I'll just figure it out on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Alright, fine. I'll just figure it out on my own.

 

Edér: "<%IF(%PCSex==male;He;She)> totally will, you know. Lives to snoop."

 

Ellie: "Any other questions about our humble little company?"

 

> How is the crew almost entirely Orlan? I haven't seen that many of them in Deadfire.

> What can you tell me about Captain Thundernipples?

> Do you know Numella?

> Where does the ship's name come from?

> Why is everyone wearing codpieces?

> What's up with that huge capstan?

> What would you say are the ship's strategic weak points?

> That's enough about the ship and its crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...