Jump to content
Sad Panda

The strange ship pulls alongside your vessel...

Recommended Posts

> [produce some light to get a better look of your surroundings]

 

It seems you have a couple of options at your disposal. You could whip out your trusty torch which has seen you through many a dungeon, but lighting in an open fire in a confined, unfamiliar space packed with explosives might not be the brightest idea you ever had. Alternatively, you could ask Aloth to produce some magical light, but that will then burn through his limited power and make him less capable should the situation call for spells later on.

 

> [light your torch]

> Aloth! Light!

> [whisper] Aloth, could you give us a little bit of light?

> [wizard] [cast Arkemyr's Dazzling Lights]

> [druid] [cast Nature's Mark]

> [druid] [cast Sunbeam]

> [make do in the dark]

 

((Selecting a [wizard] or [druid] option will lock you to that class.))

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [whisper] Aloth, could you give us a little bit of light?

 

Aloth casts a minor cantrip which produces just enough pale, blue light for you to examine your immediate surroundings. Some of the nearby pirates stir, but you seem to have not disturbed their slumber overmuch. The new-found illumination has revealed little of interest, but you can now more easily navigate the deck.

 

> [snoop around]

> [rouse a crew member to question]

> [inspect the cannons]

> [enter the cabin]

> [go further down]

> [go back up]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [snoop around]

 

Never tiring of good ol'-fashioned snooping, you set about inspecting the premises. You examine the anchor cable, peer into the cannons, fiddle with the bilge pump. Whenever you crawl under a hammock someone farts in your face but snooping is its own reward above all others.

 

Aloth: "You know, it's been a good while since any of us had any food or sleep."

 

Edér: The rogue belches, imbuing the air with the mouth-watering stench of cured meat.

 

Pallegina: "Pig."

 

Aloth: "What are we even looking for? Because I have no idea. I'm just following you around like a lamppost with legs."

 

> We'll know when we find it. Keep snooping!

> Alright, let's try something else.

> You can head back to the ship and get some rest, if you want to. I'm not done here yet.

> You're right, this is getting us nowhere. Let's call it a night.

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Alright, let's try something else.

 

Soft snoring fills the deck, punctuated by the occasional flatulence. Even with all the concentrated body heat, it's starting to get quite chilly, a cold draught gliding in through the gun ports and finding every hair on the back of your neck. So far the sea remains calm, but in your gut you can feel bad weather brewing. It might be just the munchies speaking, though; You're starting to regret foregoing that sandwich earlier.

 

The light in the cabin window has gone out, indicated Numella has turned in for the night, as well.

 

> [rouse a crew member to question]

> [inspect the cannons]

> [enter the cabin]

> [go down to orlop deck]

> [go up to main deck]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [go down to orlop deck]

 

Aloth hazards more light as you climb down the steep stairs. You are immediately greeted by the unusually large capstan for the anchor cable, which takes up the entire front end of the deck. Normally, the capstan would be housed on the gun or even the main deck, and the cable spooled into the decks below, but this massive apparatus combines both leverage and storage, the cable coiling directly around the base of the large winch which looks like it was designed to be worked by a dozen kith at once. You estimate it to be more than 15 feet in diameter. Currently it is looking quite hollow, as nearly all of the cable has been surrendered into the depths of the sea.

 

Moving around the stairs, you are greeted by another puzzling sight. As you had expected, the back end of the deck houses the cannonball storage and the sail locked. What you hadn't expected was for the former to be guarded by an ogre. While you cannot quite stand up straight for the low ceiling, the imposing creature cannot even sit upright, its back hunched and knees hugging its shoulders. It is holding a cannonball in its hand, the black sphere seeming as small as an apple by comparison; You seem to have interrupted whatever activity the creature had been engaged in, and it is staring at you keenly, bulking muscles stirred only by its deep, even breath. You get the sense it might pounce at you any time, though such a feat would be quite difficult to accomplish in such a cramped space. Indeed, you can't help but wonder how the creature even managed to get down here, as the opening you entered through is most certainly much too narrow to accommodate the gigantic frame.

 

Aloth: "Blimey."

 

Behind the ogre you can make out the hatch leading down to the cargo hold.

 

> [snoop around]

> [examine the capstan]

> [approach the ogre]

> [draw your weapon and approach the ogre]

> [go past the ogre and down to cargo hold]

> [go up to gun deck]

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> [approach the ogre]

 

You cautiously approach the ogre, making a point of keeping your hands where it can see them so as not to give it any cause for alarm. The light from Aloth's staff reflects off the cannonball in the creature's hand, and spying the rag in the other you realise the ogre has been polishing it. There is a large, wooden shelve full of cannonballs next to the hulking brute so meticulously furbished you can see the deck clearly reflected off them. Next to the shelve there are two chutes leading to the upper decks; While snooping around, you had spied their other ends on the gun and main deck, and from the diameter of the cannon mouths deducted they were used to pass cannonballs down to the storage, as confirmed by your current observations. You see no apparent means of moving the balls up the decks, however, other than simply carrying them up the stairs. It's a puzzling oversight, seeing as this seems like the more important direction during naval combat, and the projectiles look too heavy for Orlans to even comfortably lift, never mind haul across decks midst battle.

 

As you draw closer, you notice the ogre is wearing what appear to be tailor-made clothes, as opposed to the usual furs and leather straps you're accustomed to seeing its kin sporting. It appears a dress of some sort, though due to the creature's awkward posture its difficult to tell. The attire settles loosely on the massive shoulders, with a rather generous cleavage in between. It's milky in colour, with faded, green, rectangular patterns framing the edges. The lower half flows across the ogre's torso into a heap on the floor, from under which the two muscular legs ending in bare feet emerge, the bended knees almost scraping the ceiling. You can't help but wonder if the creature is wearing any underwear.

 

The ogre stares at you anxiously as you approach. You can hear metal creak as its massive fist tightens around the cannonball. Clearly, it wasn't expecting visitors, and isn't at all sure as to react to your presence.

 

> [nod in greeting]

> Greetings, my good man! Keeping your balls nice and polished, I see.

> Please, we mean you no harm.

> One false move and you'll be shorter a head, beast.

> [flip the ogre's skirt up to see if it's wearing any underwear]

> [ignore the ogre and go down the cargo hold]

> [retreat back to the capstan]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Please, we mean you no harm.

 

The ogre seems to relax somewhat, though it still eyes you warily.

 

> I'm <%PCName>. What's your name?

> [flip the ogre's skirt up to see if it's wearing any underwear]

> [ignore the ogre and go down the cargo hold]

> [retreat back to the capstan]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

> I'm <%PCName>. What's your name?

 

 

Ogre: "Ellie."

 

> I'm very pleased to meet you, Ellie.

> Can I ask you some questions?

> Wait, you're a girl?

> Well, that's all I wanted to know, I guess. I'll be off, now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I'm very pleased to meet you, Ellie.

 

Ellie: The ogre nods, finally seeming at relative ease. You get the feeling she's not at all feral, but rather just very shy. She resumes polishing the cannonball in her hand, only to realise it's already plenty shiny. The ogre's eyes dart from the projectile to the shelve to you, but she appears to draw a blank as to how to proceed. After a moment, she resumes polishing the ball, pretending to battle some tenacious smudge you're sure isn't actually there.

 

> I think that one's done already.

> [leer suggestively] That's some talent you have handling balls.

> Can I ask you some questions?

> It was nice meeting you, Ellie. I'll leave you to your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Can I ask you some questions?

 

Ellie: The ogre nods.

 

> How is it you came to be here?

> Why are you polishing the cannonballs?

> Where did you get that dress? I didn't know they made them ogre-sized.

> Can you tell me about the ship and its crew?

> Are you alright? You look kind of... stuck.

> Is there anything to eat around here? I'm famished.

> I guess I didn't have any questions, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Are you alright? You look kind of... stuck.

 

Ellie: "Hm? Oh! Oh, don't worry about it. I'll get loose once I return to my real form. An evil witch turned me into an ogre because she was not flattered by her reflection in a cannonball. The curse can only be broken by a kiss from a dashing adventurer, but... but I'm sure one will come along, eventually. So no need to worry about me, none at all." She looks away, trying to look forlorn, but the effect is somewhat diminished by her frequent sideways glances at you.

 

> Why, I'm a dashing adventurer! I could break the curse!

> Why, Aloth here is a dashing adventurer! He could break the curse!

> Why, Pallegina here is a dashing adventurer! She could break the curse!

> Why, Edér here is... sort of dashing, if you squint hard enough? Maybe he could break the curse? He's an adventurer, at least.

> Well, good luck with that.

> I think you'll be stuck here for a good, long while.

> I see. I had other questions...

Edited by Sad Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Why, I'm a dashing adventurer! I could break the curse!

 

Ellie: She gasps and clasps her hands in mock surprise. "You are? Oh, free me from this terrible curse, brave wanderer!" She appears to be having trouble keeping a straight face.

 

You lean in between the ogre's legs to reach her lips, steadying yourself on the tree-like extremities so as not to fall over. Her muscles are hard as rock, and it occurs to you she could likely squeeze your head to paste with her legs for little effort if she was in the mind to. No such attempt is made, however, and Ellie instead quite meekly accepts your advances, closing her eyes as your lips meet.

 

Edér: "Who-hoo!"

 

Pallegina. "Quiet! Don't... don't ruin the moment."

 

The kiss is surprisingly sweet, both in sentiment and in taste. Ellie has clearly been taking good care of her oral hygiene, and you further suspect she ate something sugary not long ago, the smell still lingering on her breath. All in all, the buss is very innocent, little more than an extended peck on the lips. Beyond a bright blush that spreads on her cheeks, there is no change in the ogre's appearance, however. She smiles coyly as you pull back.

 

Aloth: "It didn't work."

 

Edér: "I guess you're not dashing enough."

 

> Nonsense! Let me try again, I'm sure it'll work this time.

> Sounds like someone's volunteering to take my place.

> I guess I'm not. I'm sorry it didn't work.

> That was easily the most disgusting undertaking of my entire life, and I've waded waist-deep in rotting corpses.

> Are you really under a curse?

> Welp, it was fun, at least. Back to my questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...