do you play as a fire-god like?

so, i was thinking about this last night-

in the screenshots and video clips from the reveal, we see a fire godlike who isnt represented in the art, and who seems to represent the main character.

my thought was that, seeing as Eothas devours your soul, you might have inherited some of his essence and been turned into a fire-god like as a result. Looking at the detail on Eder and Pallegina models in the frames on the fig page, and that image of the fire-god like they lead animator, i'm all little worried that may be the case. anybody considered that yet?

so, i was thinking about this last night-

in the screenshots and video clips from the reveal, we see a fire godlike who isnt represented in the art, and who seems to represent the main character.

my thought was that, seeing as Eothas devours your soul, you might have inherited some of his essence and been turned into a fire-god like as a result. Looking at the detail on Eder and Pallegina models in the frames on the fig page, and that image of the fire-god like they lead animator, i'm all little worried that may be the case. anybody considered that yet?

This seems extremely unlikely to me. Plus fire godlike are typically associated with Magran, not Eothas.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

i'm not saying you're not the old watcher, but that the old watcher's soul is transported intot the body of a fire god-like, which would make sense after a close run in with Eothas, whose previous incarnation as Waidwaiden was a fire god-like....

otherwise, who is the fire god-like?

i'm not saying you're not the old watcher, but that the old watcher's soul is transported intot the body of a fire god-like, which would make sense after a close run in with Eothas, whose previous incarnation as Waidwaiden was a fire god-like....

Waidwen wasn't a Fire Godlike. He was a human whose body become the vessel for Eothas's soul and, as a result, emitted pure light (Eothas being the god of light and all).

otherwise, who is the fire god-like?

A fancy character model that Obsidian wanted to show off? Maybe another companion but that seems unlikely given we already have a Godlike companion.

• Like 2