Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No update which informs about PoE2 through Kickstarter?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Shiroco

Shiroco

Desertstorm of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, as the title suggests I'm a bit baffled that there's no KS update about the launch of the new campaign. I'm pretty sure that some of those ~70000 backers don't know about the launch of the PoE2 campaign and might miss it entirely. Those people already backed Obsidian once and might do it again if they just knew about this crowdfunding campaign. Hopefully someone at Obsidian already noticed it and this is on their to do list for today. Otherwise this post might remind/inform them about it.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2879 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Which I suppose raises the question whether it is ethical to use the email delivery system of one platform to promote the usage and siphoning of business towards that of a direct competitor.

Andraste

Andraste

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 121 posts

I got an e-mail today with a $5 discount code for the current crowdfunding campaign because I backed the last one. Did other people not get these?

Accused

Accused

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I got an e-mail today with a $5 discount code for the current crowdfunding campaign because I backed the last one. Did other people not get these?

I jumped right on in before I got the $5 discount code. Now I can't figure out how to use it? Perhaps cancel and try pledging again?

Ganrich

Ganrich

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I got the email as well.

Shiroco

Shiroco

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hmm, I must have missed that email then.

Which I suppose raises the question whether it is ethical to use the email delivery system of one platform to promote the usage and siphoning of business towards that of a direct competitor.

Well, I suppose you're right. Havn't thought about that because inXile did it with Wasteland 3. I guess they could at least announce what they are doing without providing a direct link?

Ganrich

Ganrich

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Have you checked your junk mail?

Shiroco

Shiroco

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Have you checked your junk mail?

Found that email and one of the obsidian guys even replied to my tweet. They'll be doing a full update soon.

We posted a comment on the page and sent a newsletter out to all of the backers today. We'll do a full update soon! :)

• Ganrich likes this

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2050 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Found it in junk mail. Thanks Ganrich.

• Ganrich and like this