Different parties in story mode

Do different parties in story mode share the same vault/box?

I'll try to explain what I mean by that:

I've been playing story mode with a party of four (Paladin, Rogue, Wizard and Druid) and I've collected a lot of valuable cards, one of them is the Deathbane Crossbow which, as far as I know, has only one copy of in the game.
A few days ago I've started playing with a new party of two (Monk and Bard) and I was wondering if the bard would also be able to find a Deathbane Crossbow for himself. I have a bad feeling he wouldn't but I'm not sure.

If I'm right then imo it's a really bad design: if I want to optimize my first party then my second one will suffer greatly for it because it will lack a lot of key cards. Please tell me I'm wrong!  ;( 

Parties do not share the same vault.  You can pretty much pretend that the "vault" doesn't exist outside of an active scenario.

In brief, when you start a scenario a new vault is generated.  It consists of all the cards up to your present AD minus the all cards in the active party.

Each party can find their own Deathbane Light Crossbow.  You can even trade around the common cards and give one party 2 Deathbane Light Crossbows!

As long as your party has less of a card than would be normally found in a vault, they'll have a chance to encounter it.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

Some cards have soft seiling, so you can not find card above amounth of X, but if you happen to have more than that, you can keep the extra. Some cards have hard seiling, so if you manage to get one card above the Y, the extra card is removed (at least temporary untill the ceiling is free again).

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 2

Some cards have soft seiling, so you can not find card above amounth of X, but if you happen to have more than that, you can keep the extra. Some cards have hard seiling, so if you manage to get one card above the Y, the extra card is removed (at least temporary untill the ceiling is free again).

I have one copy of "Gozreh's Trident" from a treasure chest and I found it for my high lever wizard. I've decided to move it to my low level bard (who's in the second party) and farm for more with my first. I did find it again but when I tried to move it to the other party it was removed. Do treasure chest cards behave in such a way that a party can't have more copies of them than I actually own?

Like our good friend Hannibal said, there are hard and soft limits depending on the type of card.  Here's the breakdown:

Treasure Cards (hard limit)

- Includes: Treasure Cards, Adventure Reward Cards

- Each party may have a maximum up to the number that is available in the Vault/Gallery.

- If trading cards or rearranging characters would put you over that limit, excess cards will disappear during the party management process. 

Campaign Cards (soft limit)
- Includes: RoTR B-AD6, Promos, C-Deck, Loots

- Each party can have as many of these as they want... but...

- A party will stop encountering a particular card if it is at the Vault limit.

Example: There are 2 Swipes in AD3.  If your party has one, then one is left in the vault for play.  If you party has two, zero are left in the vault for play.  If your party has ten, then the vault may be slightly confused, but it behaves the same as if you had two.

- You can trade these cards around between parties with no adverse effects (apart from possibly ruining the game experience)

Example: Party A and Party B each have two Swipes.  Trades occur and party A gets all four Swipes.  Now that Party B has zero Swipes, they are free to encounter them again and/or farm out some more for party A.

- It is a little trickier to stack a party with loot cards, but the game won't stop you.  ;)

• Like 2