About tyranny

+ Awesome athmosphere

+ 4 main branches of Story

+ Fast loading times

+ Spires

- too easy

- too many factions

- autoscaling

- all fights very similar [ exept bosses ]( you fight every time against 4-6 enemies very similar to each other. No real tanks, wizards are not too squishy, ecc)

- small maps

- 4 different type of spire, often you need to go in all of them to restock/ upgrade/ buy stuff, very time consuming.

- builds are less "exact sience" like was Poe

- overall less variety ingame. You turn out to be everytime some kind of warrior/caster. The feel is that Poe let you build a single class in more ways than tyranny with your main char.

- not enough difference between fighting styles. Everyone have the same bonuses. Dual wield is totally pointless.

- look more a console game than a pc game

- combat based on cooldowns ( i hate that )

After a couple of playtrough i feel as already bored, with Poe i'm still trying new things.

• Like 1

About tyranny

+ Awesome athmosphere

+ 4 main branches of Story

+ Fast loading times

+ Spires

- too easy

- too many factions

- autoscaling

- all fights very similar [ exept bosses ]( you fight every time against 4-6 enemies very similar to each other. No real tanks, wizards are not too squishy, ecc)

- small maps

- 4 different type of spire, often you need to go in all of them to restock/ upgrade/ buy stuff, very time consuming.

- builds are less "exact sience" like was Poe

- overall less variety ingame. You turn out to be everytime some kind of warrior/caster. The feel is that Poe let you build a single class in more ways than tyranny with your main char.

- not enough difference between fighting styles. Everyone have the same bonuses. Dual wield is totally pointless.

- look more a console game than a pc game

- combat based on cooldowns ( i hate that )

After a couple of playtrough i feel as already bored, with Poe i'm still trying new things.

I don't think Tyranny is easier than PoE.

This is coming from somebody who never finished his first party PotD and went straight to solo cipher.

But I cme from playing Baldur's Gate with SCS mod. :D

I think in Tyranny it's very easy to create a bad character, and to create a truly brilliant char you need some "science".

Ofc the main problem is you don't need that perfect char to faceroll without mods (which most likely will never happen) but the same is true for PoE. :)

I gotta disagree on this Victor. I finished potd poe with group and been half thru with solo char and I still cant say I know jack about the game ;p like if you'd write me a setup of lets say 6 chars of given level and given gear / spells i still wouldn't know for sure if i'm ready to kill A B or C encounter... even on paper. In Tyranny i feel like i'm already a master of this game after 2 playthroughs. There's no real depth in the game and I agree comparing it to PoE is like comparing "pc game" to "console". Its like a genre that should be called "arcade-rpg" and not a valid RPG. If not not for accuracy of what the product offers then for honoring those "true" rpgs from the old days.

• Like 1

Well I pointed out my "problem" is I come from playing Baldur's Gate with SCS solo, so to me PoE was not as complex to learn, since most of the base mechanics were quite similar, but the  main differences are that BG has a LOT more spells than PoE a LOT more items and locations and a LOT more difficulty with SCS mod that on my specific settings gives mages/priests including lichs precast spells and an extremely improved AI.

Ofc you are right that Tyranny has less depth than PoE but for me depth and difficulty are at least partially exclusive.

Tyranny is not inherently more simple than PoE. Combat system is in fact VERY similar.

Tyranny suffers from poor balancing on quite a few occasions, but it's not something that's not fixable in a few patchers if the devs would think it's important.

The enemy diversity is also bit poor and the bosses are quite disappointing, but again at least the latter can be addressed in patches potentially.

Some of the new tyranny approaches I actually liked, e.g. classless system and spell builder. Both can use improvements of course (and talent trees do feel bit bland and generic as a side effect).

Comparing Tyranny to Diablo or similar is weird to me, Tyranny is pretty story/rp heavy and is more or less a turn based game that tries to look realtime (just as PoE). Diablo is a lot more action oriented, with actual player reaction meaning a lot and very light on plot/dialogue/rp. In terms of difficulty Diablo is a lot more difficult than both PoE and Tyranny (you haven't played Inferno if you think otherwise), so saying that Tyranny is like diablo because it's easier than PoE is kinda weird.

I'd say Tyranny is a lot more innovative than PoE and had a lot of great ideas, but suffers from poor execution of these ideas on many occasions.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1