Black Tower - Mountain Peak Cut Off

Johnny Chronicle

Question

Two-character game, Merisiel and Kyra, Story mode on Legendary, Black Tower (4-3). Neither Pass and Play or Permadeath are on.

For the purposes of adjacent movement, the location Mountain Peak isn't "connected" to any of the other three locations; there's no line going to it from anywhere. Neither character can move to it from any other location.

This bug renders the scenario unplayable.

iPad Air, iOS 10.0.2

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

I don't think this is a bug, it's just intended to be really difficult. The harpy monks if you fail their wisdom check will teleport your characters to their location, so you need to close mountain peak, encounter a harpy monk with someone else and then fail the wisdom checks with the characters at the mountain peak.

Cowplow- ummm forgive me, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're saying the devs intended to sit one of your characters out unless you can *fail* a check? While I wouldn't put it past them (after the debacle that is Here Comes the Flood), that just sounds plain silly. I haven't gotten to Legendary in that scenario yet, so I can neither confirm nor deny this bug. However, from the description provided, it does sound to be incorrectly configured.

I don't think this is a bug, it's just intended to be really difficult. The harpy monks if you fail their wisdom check will teleport your characters to their location, so you need to close mountain peak, encounter a harpy monk with someone else and then fail the wisdom checks with the characters at the mountain peak.

Really? I don't recall that ever happening with an older version so it must be a new thing. But it doesn't explain how the mountain peak is connected in a 6 player game unless they really thought it was extremely difficult to not have it connected.

Plus trying to fail it with a character with high wisdom is impossible. So either this is bugged or horribly implemented.

I have the same effective result in a 6-player game. However, the locations are connected on the map - you just can't move to or from the Mountain Peak, despite what the map appears to tell you. I've logged it here http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90080-1143-cant-leave-closed-mountain-peak-harpy-monks/ because I know that OBS are unlikely to revisit a thread that they have responded to.

I have the same effective result in a 6-player game. However, the locations are connected on the map - you just can't move to or from the Mountain Peak, despite what the map appears to tell you.

The 6-player issue appears just to be a misleading map display.  The line connecting down from the Mountain Peak appears to be connected to the Academy, but it is in-fact just passing through down to the Temple.  

I did my best to replicate; got everyone drawn over to the Mountain Peak, closed it out, and all my characters were able to make the descent back down to the Temple with no issue.

• Like 1