Harpy Monk

Doppelschwert

Question

My Seoni just died a terrible death against a harpy monk because of two bugs:

1)

I lost the wisdom check so I had to rely on my strength check for combat. I played a blessing of gorum, but was not able to choose an option that would grant me 2d4. Or maybe there was, but the interface doesn't distinguish between combat-melee and combat-strength, so I never knew what I picked. Strength should give me 2d4, while only melee would've given me 1d4. That was 1d4 additional damage that was not mitigated.

2)

Luckily, I still had a sihedron medallion - or so I thought. But I was not able to play it, although the harpy monk doesn't deny it. 3 additional damage that was not mitigated by the medallion.

Endresult: 3+d4 additional damage that should not have been dealt and killed her.

I'm not on hardcore mode so she is still around, but if I was, I would be really pissed right now.

2 answers to this question

1) This was confirmed by devs as "blessings that should add 2 dice to specialized skill with a d4 or d6, add only 1 die instead" (incidentally, my game DOES allow me to chose between Combat and Melee, but this wouldn't have mattered for purposes of the bug)

2) Are you sure you didn't play any combat-enhancing Item on the check, such as Amulet, Orb or Flask?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

1) Ah, I see. The game also lets me choose between Combat and Melee, but after choosing one of the two, the description is 'Combat Check', so I never know whether I changed between the two or not. I changed back to the tablet UI on my phone since it is big enough to read everything at once, but it is too small to be sure which of the two options I pressed with my finger.

2) That explains it, I probably played an improved sage's book on that check. In the physical card game, I almost never use items for damage reduction, so I didn't pay attention to that rule.