Lini Beast Form + Amulet of Mighty Fists

Tiltowait

Question

Was there a change to the rules for the app version?  

This is allowed in the RPG as well as the card game...but not the app.  

Beast Form is not an Attack spell. Lini isn't using a weapon or spell with the attack trait.

Edited by Tiltowait

12 answers to this question

I haven't noticed a problem with this, my Lini has an Amulet of Mighty Fists also. But I can't remember off hand if I've ever bothered to use Beast Form with the amulet before. What order are you using them?

I usually display my weapon first (or the amulet), then use Beast Form to change the dice. What method are you using?

I ran into this now. I was having no trouble doing it for a while, but then on my final check of the game it wouldn't let me.

Not sure why it was then it wasnt, but on that last check it kept on trying to switch the check to a divine check when I discarded for Beast Form. It was against the villian Rogors Hoernsby (or however you spell it) which is a Combat/Divine check.

So I think the issue might be that it is trying to change the skill during the step between activating the amulet and using Beast Shape, which resets the dice somewhat. Honestly, the auto-change is actually really annoying sometimes. No, I didn't want to switch 3d4 instead of 2d8+3 on that barrier that lets you use intelligence or Strength/Melee. I was using the blessing of Irori because I could recharge it instead of discard...

Honestly, the auto-change is actually really annoying sometimes. No, I didn't want to switch 3d4 instead of 2d8+3 on that barrier that lets you use intelligence or Strength/Melee. I was using the blessing of Irori because I could recharge it instead of discard...

It's a tricky one, players would get annoyed if they didn't automatically switch to the double dice bonus, but on the other hand, why would I want to make a 3D4 check instead of a 2D12+2 check? The question is, how to avoid irritating both camps with a solution (just auto-pick the skill with the best average score would be my vote, but sometimes you trade a higher maximum against a better average/probability, 'cos you need to take a chance in order to succeed at all)

I think there is a bug introduced in the latest version. I used to do this all the time i.e. discard for d10 str then reveal amulet. Now whenever I use the best form it is reseting the cards displayed e.g. I reveal amulet (2d4), I apply beast form (only 1d10) and Amulet is now not applied. I think it is a wider bug with beast form as I was having the same problem today with a quarterstaff

Very troublesome when fighting the two check undead villian with the +2d4 wildcard :(

Edited by Matsu Kurisu

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

Yep, I ran into this again as well today. Wasn't even trying to use a weapon or anything. It seems like if the Combat check has the option to use anything else, it tries to load a different skill when you try to use Beast Form.

I hadn't used anything at all, and Beast Form wouldn't activate to let me use d10 for my base combat test. All of the other abilities worked, and I was able to get around it via my Amulet and others using blessings (and the ever useful animal companion reveal), but it was somewhat aggravating not being able to use the ability to swap out some of those d4s for d10s

I did try the Lini, and it seems to work as it should. So there has to be some strange combination that causes this.

First the amulet and Animal trick.

D4 for str, d4 for Animal and d8 from the amulet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6t7klgwaxe6z8w/Photo%2025.9.2016%2017.30.29.png?dl=0

Then the beast form and one d4 change to d10 as it should.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t0oki6ze7pac8a/Photo%2025.9.2016%2017.30.39.png?dl=0

And then roll...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq4b1o6mht33lor/Photo%2025.9.2016%2017.30.53.png?dl=0

I did try it several time and each time the beast form was working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcec764gu3g39hr/Photo%2025.9.2016%2017.33.52.png?dl=0

I even did try one time overkill and use blessing and it dublicated the beast form d10 to another d10.

It did Also work with weapons. So in your case there may be something else happening... what that is the hard part to tell. There may be some spesific combinations of things, but I was not able to reproduce your problem. Check out again all powers, locations and character. So maybe we can find out what was happening with your Lini.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Try out using Lini against an enemy that lists the check to defeat as Combat Divine or has an OR (so could be defeated with a different skill than just normal combat.

That was where I was seeing the issue, and it wasn't even with the Amulet of Mighty Fists, but entirely with trying to use Beast Form.

• Like 1