Used to run flawlessly, now constant crashes [3.03]

darkholypl

Question

Hi all.

Even tho I followed this game since the kickstart, I only just now made an account and not for a positive reason either, I'm afraid...

The game used to run perfectly for me after launch, but now with the patch 3.03 I can't finish a single dungeon level without crashing several times...

It crashes at area change, at loads, at save game, sometimes the game just doesn't update the fog of war at all and I need to restart the game...

It's very frustrating, especialy since, like I've said, it sometimes crashes when I try to make a quick save, so I can't even do that to no lose my progress.

I've uninstalled the steam version and reinstalled again and I've also did check the game cashe. I'm out of ideas.

Any help? 

i5 3570k @4.4GHz

8GB hyperX ram

saphire R9 280 4GB

win 8.1 64bit

Doesn't the Win10 update allow for a downgrade to whatever Windows version you upgraded from, though? I seem to recall having seen that promise, before I booted the annoying update reminder tool from my computer. If it's possible, downgrading and then upgrading to 64bit Win10 might be less of a hassle. 

Finally able to post here again... Yeah, so I just factory reinstalled everything.  My laptop was really good when I bought it, 4-5 years ago, and now it kinda "sucks" (comparatively speaking- it only has a 1gb dedicated video card, while I see new gaming rigs with 4gbs).  Because of that, when I was reading the Windows 10 64bit information, the motherboard and BIOS might not be able to run it... So, back to Windows 7.  I'm in the process of installing the game and all my drivers again, so I'll be playing later tonight.  That being said, I think it will be fine, because I am again seeing my 8gbs of RAM... which means that POE shouldn't destroy my memory again... since I technically only had 4gbs before.

* So, the update.  Yes, that was exactly what needed to happen.  Ran if for several hours without any issues whatsoever.  I can't believe that Windows 10 put me on to a 32 operating system and I never realized that I was short 4gb of RAM...  So annoying to have to go through all of that, but at least now I know.

Edited by Michael_Galt
  • Like 1

"1 is 1"

Update on my problem as well.

As it turns out, reinstalling windows helped me as well, tho I did not have problems with it prior (nor a situation like Michael did).

My guess is, that something corrupted some of my windows 8.1 files at some point.

Regardless, the game doesn't randomly crash now, and I hope it stays that way ;)

Cheers.

• Like 2