General questions for first time PotD playthrough

Just got to the point where you get Hiravias and the Grieving Mother (lvl5) and jesus ***k the druid feels out of place in my party... I tried "building" him with weapon and shield talent + heart of the storm but he is simply too squishy to be in the front line while his spells require him to be there. I am now using him with a quaterstaf behind the tanks, but he seems useless.

Weird, as I had a lot of fun with tankier Druids. Do you remember to let the tougher guys go first and start casting your CC as soon as possible?

Got the first round of bounties and now I understand why this is PotD. Pretty much impossible to kill any of them at level 6 with either drakes or monks on the groups :/

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I deal with enemies with 100+ defenses around lvl 6? I simply can't hit those suckers with my accuracy around 50...

Edited by dambros

You shouldn't attack foes who have a lot more levels than you. Lvl 6 against 100 deflection is very hard to overcome.

I'd had very good experiences with a tanky Hiravias with Weapon & Shield Style. Just don't go in first. He had no problems whatsoever to tank two or three enemies until his spells came out - and then he didn't have to tank anything any more.

Lvl 5 against Feral Druids is also way too early.

And honestly: what building did happen until lvl 5? Does he even have Returning Storm yet? Maybe I would have taken Weapon & Shield and Cautious Attack and put on a Ring of Deflection to balance out the lower (but not too low) starting deflection of fighters and such (20 instead of 30). After that his deflection should be as high as that of a fighter - plus he has tons of spells.

Aspirant's Mark can make the early PotD game a lot easier. It's like a Spell Mastery of a weaker Nature's Mark and helps a lot when you want to target deflection and reflexes.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Got the first round of bounties and now I understand why this is PotD. Pretty much impossible to kill any of them at level 6 with either drakes or monks on the groups :/

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I deal with enemies with 100+ defenses around lvl 6? I simply can't hit those suckers with my accuracy around 50...

Simple: Don`t. I don't do any bounties, until i did all the quests in the main game, except for the final one on burial island. You need at least a druid on level 9 for level 5 spells relentless storm and insect plague, what are in my opinion, the most usefull spells in the entire game when if comes to off. spells.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Well, some bounties are not so tough, but others can be mean. Especially the Dweller is horrible if your level is too low: no chokepoints, he's a fast runner (so kiting is difficult) and so on. But bounties like Clyde or those guys at the Esternwood Cemetary are quite easy. The WM bounties can be especially tough. It all comes down to buffing yourself and debuffing the enemy. This is where you can see what proper use of your abilities and a good party synergy can do. For all bounties where you can use chokepoints Chillfog and similar spells that debuff and/or do damage periodically are a good way to win. 

But it's all doable. I usually build the Warden's Lodge as soon as possible and go for the first bounty as soon as possible - because the XP you gain and also the loot is great.

Edited by Boeroer

Well, some bounties are not so tough, but others can be mean. Especially the Dweller is horrible if your level is too low: no chokepoints, he's a fast runner (so kiting is difficult) and so on. But bounties like Clyde or those guys at the Esternwood Cemetary are quite easy. The WM bounties can be especially tough. It all comes down to buffing yourself and debuffing the enemy. This is where you can see what proper use of your abilities and a good party synergy can do. For all bounties where you can use chokepoints Chillfog and similar spells that debuff and/or do damage periodically are a good way to win.

But it's all doable. I usually build the Warden's Lodge as soon as possible and go for the first bounty as soon as possible - because the XP you gain and also the loot is great.

At what level you usually do the first round of bounties? I chrcked and the mobs are level 10.

Also I have a couple more questions:

1- Do coordinated attacks from 2 different paladins stack?

2- Right now I feel my party is too tanky and don't do enough damage if my dps die (those damn shades) and I usually don't have enough damage to finish the fights. I have mc and Pallegina full tank, Kana tank, Griving Mother with blunderbuss, support Durance and Sagani with mostly pet talents (following the stormcaller guide).

I am contemplating removing Pallegina for some more dps (something frontline), so what can be a good addition for this party to fill the lack of damage? Aloth is not an option, sacrificed that annoying bastard.

3- I am considering going to WM to grab Stormcaller so I can do more damage, lvl 8 is ok for Stalwart?

Edited by dambros

At what level you usually do the first round of bounties? I chrcked and the mobs are level 10.

Also I have a couple more questions:

1- Do coordinated attacks from 2 different paladins stack?

2- Right now I feel my party is too tanky and don't do enough damage if my dps die (those damn shades) and I usually don't have enough damage to finish the fights. I have mc and Pallegina full tank, Kana tank, Griving Mother with blunderbuss, support Durance and Sagani with mostly pet talents (following the stormcaller guide).

I am contemplating removing Pallegina for some more dps (something frontline), so what can be a good addition for this party to fill the lack of damage? Aloth is not an option, sacrificed that annoying bastard.

3- I am considering going to WM to grab Stormcaller so I can do more damage, lvl 8 is ok for Stalwart?

Without a druid, you will get a high amount of problems. Relentless storm ist the best spell in the game and stunlocks the enemies. Without it you have much more trouble. So you should throw out Grieving Mother or Kana for Hiravias or better, create your own druid. 2 Paladin with Level 13 Sacred Immolation deal much damage and are nearly unkillable.

You have to kill some ogres in stalwart, some fish guys on durgans battery and some ice trolls on the way to the bow. But with level 8 it is definitly doable.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

I'm usually lvl 5 or 6 when I start with bounties I think.

I did a lot of playthroughs and a lot of different party compositions are viable. Things like six rogues might be very very tough, but also doable without a lot of consumables. But generally speaking the more per-rest casters you have the easier the bounties are because you can just spam everything you have in quick succession.