Into the Bugfest

Irgy

Question

So, I was playing Into the Mountains on Heroic difficulty, and the wildcard power said "When you acquire a spell, item or blessing, bury a card" (Bad Memories or something I think it was called). What happened though was this power somehow became merged with the scenario power. The end result of what was implemented could be described as:

"When you either defeat a henchmen or acquire a spell, item or blessing, bury a card and each character takes 1d4 force damage."

It was pretty rough.

It seems like there's code to test for a trigger condition, and code to test for an action to perform, and in this particular case they need to be separated. If I was to guess, I would assume this relates to the same code that causes "bury a card when you acquire an ally" and "discard a card when you acquire an ally" to become just bury.

I got lucky and scouted out the villain early on, and managed to set myself up for 3 temp closes and a villain fight. I would now like to describe the total schmozzle that was the behaviour of Incendiary Cloud during this encounter:

* Having scouted the villain, I played Incendiary Cloud pre-explore, so that I would be able to play another spell during the encounter.

* After the locations were closed, I discovered Incendiary Cloud somehow no longer on display but back in my hand (bug 1).

* By experimentation, I discovered that while I (correctly) could not activate Seoni's Fire in the Blood ability after replaying Incendiary Cloud, I could in fact activate her ability first, then play Incendiary Cloud afterwards (bug 2). Since it should have been displayed still anyway I didn't feel bad about "exploiting" this.

* After the first check, Breakbones has an ability which causes you to discard a card at random from your hand. The card which was discarded was the displayed Incendiary Cloud, which was not a card in my hand (bug 3). This might be seem related to bug 1 in that both involve the Cloud being in my hand when it shouldn't be, but I will mention that graphically when it was discarded it moved directly from the displayed area to the discard pile.

Note that Seoni had the Cloud and Seoni encountered the villain (alone), last time I used it from another location it worked fine.

We won the adventure despite these challenges so that was good, really shows the power of scouting abilities (thanks Harsk!).

Some specifics:

VER-480-20160602

PFID-6DC88A9ADD180E28

iPad Air 2, iOS version unsure, whatever it came with, definitely not 9.3.2 because it's harassing me to update to that version.

While I'm at it:

* The game crashes a lot on lower-spec devices. Ever since getting this new iPad it hasn't crashed once, so that's good. If you're looking for more bugs in the code 

* I keep getting told I'm adding 0 gold at the end of each adventure. Fortunately the gold still appears to have been added to my collection so it's just an interface thing.

3 answers to this question

Yes the Into the Mountains  d4 damage has already been reported as triggerring with the "on acquiring XXX bury 1 card" wildcar scenario effect, it is advised to simply forfeit and start again if you get one of those scenario widlcard.