Fighting with Satyr is not considered as Combat

Yury1975

Question

I have met Satyr the first time and it seems that his check is not considered as combat check:

1. Soldier and Amulet of mighty fists are not active

2. Blessing of Erastil adds just one dice rather than two (I have manually selected Dexterity for the check)

5 answers to this question

I have met Satyr the first time and it seems that his check is not considered as combat check:

1. Soldier and Amulet of mighty fists are not active

2. Blessing of Erastil adds just one dice rather than two (I have manually selected Dexterity for the check)

That's because it's NOT combat. Look at the card - see below the check value number, where it says Combat for most monsters? Well. you won't find Combat on the Satyr, it's ONLY non-combat Dexterity / Acrobatics check (so, if you want 2 dice - you need to play Blessing of Calistria).

Btw, the same applies for the Siren which only has a Wisdom check.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

There are a few other exceptions, mainly some villains or henchmens.

For exemple in one scenario of adventure 3, there's a brainwashed ranger that you must defeat with diplomacy.

Some villeins can also be defeated with the appropriate skill as an alternative to combat (the necro can be defeated with arcane, some undead villains with divine, and so on)

The damage received from failing checks against monsters is (unless otherwise specified) combat damage, but the check itself isn't a combat check unless it says so.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."