Error when encountering a lieutenant during temporary closure

phantomwhale

Question

Playing the first adventure of the Attack on Sandpoint, and one character encountered Ripnugget.

Meanwhile, another character tried to temporarily close Swallowtail festival. This involves encountering the next card (in this case, the last card in the location) which was the half-elf monk lieutenant. The cut scene text played out, and we went into the combat.

My character defeated him, which then triggered the option to close the location (which, given it was the last card in the location, was an automatic success). And... then the game moved onto the next players turn - which just so happens to be the character who was supposed to have been fighting the main boss. 

But wait; what happened to Ripnugget ?! Looks like the game lost track of my combat with the main boss. I clicked to explore, and up game Ripnugget. Again. 

Didn't see if I lost a turn from the blessing deck from this (I think I did) - nonetheless, I think there was a bug here.

1 answer to this question

Yup, definitely a bug there.

How are you sure it moved to the 'next player' turn? Did the next player (that originally encountered the villain) had the Give Card and Move options? If no - this could be a bug where Permanently Closing a location during the Temp Close phase somehow 'cancels' the ongoing encounter for your character, but it still remains his turn .

If yes -  I think somehow the permanent "Close Location?" could be triggering  an "Explore Phase" state for your active character (the one who fought the half-elf henchman off-turn), and the game again cancels the conflicting turn/encounter states for your original character.

I must say, though, I'm quite pleased that encountering Tsuto Kaijitsu as part of the temp-closing condition still gives you the perma-close opportinity. This is such an outlier of a corner case, that when I read your topic title I was quite sure they forgot to code it in.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.