Seelah :Inspired Grace

Spydurmn

Question

I see in the known issues the couple mentions of Seelah's Inspired Grace is causing issues with Illsoari and seeing the next card in the deck.  I would also like to add that it occasionally changes the check on an item she is currently encountering to whatever the check is on the first card of the location deck (whether it is revealed or not. For example:  I am done exploring and am left with a Cure in my hand (so I have no clue what the next card on the location is).  I will cast Cure, roll my d4, get healed, then I need to recharge my Cure.  I will use Inspired Grace (have to make sure i still have access to that Cure later), it will change my check to recharge from an 8 to whatever the top cards check to beat is.  While that is fine if the next card check to beat is a 4 (cheater), it is pain when it is higher than the original 8.

Let me know if you aren't seeing that and I will try to get a screen cap next time it happens.

2 answers to this question

I've actually had this happen more than once in my video series, so I can post a link to a recording.

iPad, 6-player, no pass-and-play, no permadeath, scenario 2.1 -- Seelah has just closed the general store, picked up two items, and casts cure. When she peels a card from the top of her deck, the check changes to "none" and she auto-succeeds.

Yes, it's a known issue with Seelah that's been posted a few times before.

Inspired Grace changes the check that you're trying to buff to the first printed acquire/defeat check of the top card of the location deck. In most cases, this is not an issue, since that's the check you're attempting anyways. But if you're attempting a different check of that card (a before you act check, or the second combat check of a villain for example) it'll change to the first check. And if you're attempting a check that isn't directly caused a card you're encountering at all, like recharging a spell, it will give you visions of the future as it assumes the check of the next card in the location deck (and shows you its name). If there's none left (and probably if the next card in the location deck is a Blessing of the Gods or the like), the check becomes "None" with a difficulty of 0, and only the bonus d6 from Inspired Grace as your entire dice pool (which is of course still auto-win).

• Like 1