Full Equipment screen? Am I missing something?

HouseTully

Question

Is there a way of seeing all of the loot you've collected in all of your adventure? When I go to the equipment list on the adventure screen I see my characters and their currently equipped stuff... but underneath there is nothing. When I click 'View All' there is still nothing. 

The only time I can see all of my equipment is when one of my party members is missing equipment after an encounter- then it will force me to add something so I can proceed.

Is there any other way to see all of my equipment? It seems like I'm missing something.

11 answers to this question

Is there a way of seeing all of the loot you've collected in all of your adventure? When I go to the equipment list on the adventure screen I see my characters and their currently equipped stuff... but underneath there is nothing. When I click 'View All' there is still nothing. 

The only time I can see all of my equipment is when one of my party members is missing equipment after an encounter- then it will force me to add something so I can proceed.

Is there any other way to see all of my equipment? It seems like I'm missing something.

This seems a popular misunderstanding (Obsidian, better pay attention), but it is not *Your loot*. Everything that you don't put in you character decks after an adventure is lost. Lost in the sense it returns to the virtual *box* of the game - and you can still encounter it in later adventures, but it isn't store in any sort of 'cache' as you might be thinking.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yes and no. This is really confusing. It returns to a virtual 'box' but still keeps track of what you've received cause when short on items allows you a 'peek' into those items to grab the missing parts. That seems like it's the only way of seeing those items which is really bad IMO.

The whole inventory management seems broken. For certain scenarios like Foul Misgivings you absolutely need certain items or armours to make it through... yet theres no way to change your deck makeup beforehand. So the only way you can change your deck is by running through scenario after scenario and EVEN THEN there's no guarantee that you'll get the items you need for that scenario even though they are cards you already got; which are now only accessible if you're... missing cards?

The whole thing is messed. 

The whole inventory management seems broken. For certain scenarios like Foul Misgivings you absolutely need certain items or armours to make it through... yet theres no way to change your deck makeup beforehand. So the only way you can change your deck is by running through scenario after scenario and EVEN THEN there's no guarantee that you'll get the items you need for that scenario even though they are cards you already got; which are now only accessible if you're... missing cards?

Evasion is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, so yeah, it's not readily handed out.

However, if you have Arcane casters, here's a tip: as I wrote in your other thread - Invisibility spell is great and is Basic. If you don't have it, what you can do is this:

- replay one of the earlier scenarios with locations that reacquire you to banish a card to close them (Village House, General Store).

- cycle your caster's hand until you get the spell you want to switch out for Invisibilty

- when you get it, start exploring the location, taking care not to acquire any spells

- when you encounter the henchman (hopefully, the villain is not in this location) - defeat him, and banish the spell

- Forfeit the game, and voila: you're at the deck-rebuilding screen, one spell short and with Invisibility at your fingertips

Yes, it's a bit of a chore, and, yes, I agree that not having constant access to *Basic* cards is to the game's detriment.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Thanks for the tips!

I just don't get the logic behind it. Especially for a game like pathfinder where inventory and progression are two of the biggest elements. Imagine playing a pathfinder campaign and every time you finished a boss the DM was like "Ok, now destroy half of all your items."

They might be trying to do something like weight management? Like you never bring ALL of your items with you on an adventure... but then again banks and hideouts exist for a reason. That's where you stash all of your stuff so you can go back to it when needed an switch out your stuff.

I dunno, I just hate RPGs that don't have persistent equipment. Like those Final Fantasy games on Gamecube where you lost all of your items after each encounter. So bad. 

They might be trying to do something like weight management? Like you never bring ALL of your items with you on an adventure... but then again banks and hideouts exist for a reason. That's where you stash all of your stuff so you can go back to it when needed an switch out your stuff.

I always imagined it more like "head back to town and sell all that junk we won't be hauling around". So when you come back later, that Warhammer +2 you sold is likely to be long sold (why it's never YOU who get to buy artifacts in a shop is a question we'll leave unanswered), but, yeah, any Store worth it's name should have Quarterstaffs, or Caltrops, or Invisibilty spells for that matter... you know, the BASIC stuff.

The difference is in a store you get money for the items you are discarding. In this case you are just throwing them away with absolutely zero benefit. So instead of selling that Warhammer +2 (which would net you some nice gold) you're just throwing it into a lava pit and walking away. 

The difference is in a store you get money for the items you are discarding. In this case you are just throwing them away with absolutely zero benefit. So instead of selling that Warhammer +2 (which would net you some nice gold) you're just throwing it into a lava pit and walking away. 

Hey, throwing magic items into a volcano is a proud and long-standing halfling tradition, so who are we to judge.

• Like 1

Some additions to the points in this thread:

To get rid of spells you don't want, you don't necessarily have to banish them to close a location. You can also pass them off to a character who doesn't have the appropriate skill and have that character use them, causing them to be banished.

Example: Ezren decides he'd rather have Invisibility than Force Missile. Start a scenario with Ezren and Valeros in the same location, and pass turns with Ezren doing nothing but discarding cards till he finds Force Missile. Give the Force Missile to Valeros, then have Valeros explore till he finds a monster, at which point he casts Force Missile to attack it. "But Valeros's combat check with Force Missile sucks!" Doesn't matter. Force Missile is banished; forfeit the scenario. Now everything is the same except Ezren has a hole in his deck where Force Missile used to be.

If you're getting rid of non-spell cards, you do need to use a location that has "banish X" as a closing requirement. The Poison Pill and Local Heroes are good for this.

It's very "gamey" and still a chore, but hey, desperate times & desperate measures & all that. :)

As for the general deck management mechanics: pretty much the only thing I never liked about the PACG was the between-scenario deck-building rules. I agree that they are terribly dumb. So let me get this straight: Lini pops some Caltrops to defeat a Skeleton, and at the end of the scenario, she can go back to the store to get more ... unless Lem picked up a Mattock that was lying around, in which case, f*** off Lini, it's Mattocks for you! Makes no sense.

I understand that if characters could freely throw out boons and replace them with basics, it would allow for some cheesy tactics. However, it feels like the designers didn't even try to work around this; they were just like "screw it, here's the first thing that works!" There's no reason Lini should ever scream at Lem, "No! Don't pick up that crowbar or I'll be screwed!" There's also no reason she should ever be stuck with a Force Missile just because Amiri had a lucky moment of brilliance. Yes, characters shouldn't be able to use disposable basics over and over, but characters also shouldn't be stuck with junky cards for no other reason than that somebody else happened to pick them up.

• Like 1

Yeah that kind of logic in gaming just blows me away. How did the devs not think of a better mechanic? I understand putting some limitations but it all just seems so obfuscated and confusing.

Why not just have a 10 card side deck you can put stuff in that you know you might need for later?

Yeah, I've thought for awhile that a sideboard (even if was only 3-5 cards) could simulate your stash in town and also make picking up one use cards more appealing since you could just temporarily stash the card it's replacing instead of losing it back to the box/vault. Also it would make setting up decks for a particular scenario more strategic.

But it doesn't seem to be something the developers of the game are interested in. In addition to the full Rise of the Runelords adventure, there's two more full adventure sets for the card game and it still works like this where everything that won't fit in a deck is just tossed at the end of the adventure.

• Like 1

Well that is basically the player deck. When They get more experienced, They can carry more stuff aka cards...

Yes, the rules does not make thematically much Sense in some instances but you have to have rules and even now the rules Are guite long. 15 spell book is everything that this Wizard can carry. Everything else is thrown away, because They weight too much!

;-)

No, that is not better. It is more game balanging issue than a rpg in a piece of cardboard.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV