Let's see if anyone can help with this. Order of events:
1) Downloaded the game on both iPads.
2) Played intros.
3) Bought bundle.
4) Completed one quest on iPad A (it's an Air 1), got gold checked amount.
5) Logged on with iPad B (it's a 4), saw that sure enough, after 4) above, the amount on iPad B had also incremented. Both iPads showed the same total gold amount AND each incremented the amount.
6) Also checked "Experienced" characters. Saw that yes, the characters from iPad A were indeed visible on iPad B, but unusable because of "Difficulty Tier" system.
7) Played for a couple of days. Sons mostly on iPad B, me mostly on iPad A. No issues. Amazing port of good game.
8} Decided to try Pass and Play with sons on iPad B. Noticed Experienced characters from iPad A were no longer visible on iPad B. Huh, that's weird.
9) No matter, we wanted to start new ones anyway. Did, played, BUT, my son noticed we were no longer being awarded gold for victories.
10) Checked connection to be sure. Yep.
11) Finished intro quest, were awarded no gold.
12) Checked quest selection interface pre-game and found all rewards for all difficulties for all scenarios listing only the little dot graphic for gold reward.
13) Signed onto iPad A to see if the same issue was found there. Nope, iPad A continues to function as normal.
14) FINALLY and even more worrisome, the vault on iPad A is NO LONGER AVAILABLE to iPad B.
Help would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly supply any further information that might aid in figuring out the above.