Bugs encountered during Adventure 2, Scenario 3 - Foul Misgivings

JKNyte

Question

Device: Apple iPad Pro

Party: Sajan, Lem, Lini

Below is a quick list of issues that I ran into playing Foul Misgivings:

1. [NOT A BUG] Defeating Iesha Foxglove did not trigger her "Defeat" power.

Lini encountered Iesha at the Prison location after encountering a Haunt and rolling a 6 per the scenario effect. Defeating Iesha did not trigger power to exams a location deck and look for the Skinsaw Man as indicated on her card

Edit. Thanks to those who pointed it out, the check requires the magic trait, otherwise she is considered undefeated. Only Kyra can defeat Iesha

2. Performance issues at Foxglove Manor

After triggering the location power of revealing Aldern Foxglove to banish Haunts by Lem, the game slowed down severely. Completing Lem's turn and starting Lini's turn, who was at another location, the game performance returned to normal. On Sajan's turn, who was at the Farmhouse, the game performance was normal, however, when I moved him to the Foxglove Manor, the game slowed down again immediately after moving to Foxglove Manor. Attempting to quit the game and continuing did not resolve performance issue, however, it did return to normal after closing Foxglove Manor.

3. End story text exceeds text box

After completing the scenario, story text for the letter from Xanesha is displayed. The text for the letter runs past the borders of the text box

4. No gold earned

No gold was earned after completing this scenario. Additionally, it showed my gold balance was 0. Not sure if this was a one off or specific to this scenario. after rebuilding my character decks, my gold balance was the same as before I started the scenario.

5. Loot "Stalker Mask" that has a sub-type of Item, does not appear in the list of available Item cards

Lem who had Aldern Foxglove when the Skinsaw Man was encountered, gained the Stalker Mask loot. After completing the scenario and going to the screen to rebuild character decks, the Stalker Mask appears in the list of Item cards that Lem currently has. Dragged that card to the pool so that he no longer has it. Switching to either Sajan or Lini while selecting the Item card type does not show the Stalker Mask as an available card. Viewing all cards does show the Stalker Mask however.

Edited by JKNyte

5 answers to this question

Device: Apple iPad Pro

Party: Sajan, Lem, Lini

Below is a quick list of issues that I ran into playing Foul Misgivings:

1. Defeating Iesha Foxglove did not trigger her "Defeat" power.

Lini encountered Iesha at the Prison location after encountering a Haunt and rolling a 6 per the scenario effect. Defeating Iesha did not trigger power to exams a location deck and look for the Skinsaw Man as indicated on her card

This is not a bug. Ieasha is undefeated if your check doesn't have the Magic trait; however, she doesn't have Combat checks to defeat, only non-Combat. So while LIni might have made the check and not taken damage, Ieasha was undefeated (similar as if you beat the Gho, Shadow or Specter with a non-Magic weapon)

The ONLY character who can ever activate Iesha's examine power is Kyra (who has a bonus with Magic trait on ALL checks vs. Undead, not only on Combat checks)

Edited by Longshot11

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Hey there.

Regarding number 1, how did Lini defeat Iesha Foxglove?

Iesha Foxgloves check is: Charisma, Diplomacy, Divine - 13

Iesha Foxglove also has the following text:

If your check to defeat Iesha does not have the Magic trait, Iesha is considered undefeated.

So you need to roll 13 or more in Charisma, Diplomacy or Divine. Lini has the Divine skill and could roll 13 or more, but how did you add the Magic trait to the check?

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to add the Magic trait to a Charisma, Diplomacy or Divine check is with Kyra's power:

Add 1d8 with the Magic trait to your check to defeat a bane with the Undead trait.

As such the only way to Defeat Iesha Foxglove is with Kyra.

Thanks

4. No gold earned

No gold was earned after completing this scenario. Additionally, it showed my gold balance was 0. Not sure if this was a one off or specific to this scenario. after rebuilding my character decks, my gold balance was the same as before I started the scenario.

Not sure about this, but sound like something that could be caused by a temporary drop in connection (you can't gain gold unless you're connected).

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.