[3.02] Stunning shots bug

Ronin@

Question

Similarly to the Returning storm bug Stunning shots seem to hit 4 times, including enemies who are not currently enganged by my animal.

I'm starting to think all of this is due to a bug in the Stormcaller's mechanics, not the skills themselves.

ShYUgdG.jpg

5 answers to this question

Hey Ronin@,

So, I've spent pretty much all day with a Ranger because of multiple forum threads stating problems. I've found multiple issues in regards to accuracy.... but I have been unable to get this x4 Stun proc. Even with Twinned Arrows and Driving Flight, my Stunning Shots only procs once per enemy hit. Can you think of anything else that was going on in this scene that may have caused the quadruple proc? 

I got your back

-Sking

Hey Sking,

Hmm... On second thought, driving flight should be hitting the Fampyr behind my main target, instead it's hitting the dargul on the right which should be out of the 20 degree arc. Don't know how that relates to the problem but it's all I can think of. There's nothing special about this scene. My items here are pretty much identical to what you saw on my save file. 

Either way this isn't an isolated case so I'll just recreate it and look for some clues on what's actually going on. I'll get back here when I know more.

Ok, a couple of random notes from my tests:

- If you turn Twin Arrows off it doesn't happen with any other weapon. Just the Stormcaller. My initial hunch bore out.

- My animal companion engages 2 enemies at once. Never noticed that before so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way. This means that its perfectly normal to have double stunning shots with just driving flight. Quadruple stunning shots if you add Twinned Arrows. Still doesn't explain how I had 4 stunning shots with TA off.

- Stunning shots, contrary to its description, affects even targets who aren't engaged by animal companion. Wether this is a bug or not, it means that the only mystery here is, what's wrong with the Stormcaller?

- Some of the stunning shots (in general, not just the quadruple ones) don't really apply any stun effect. It's just a combat log thing. Here's an example:

kBtobTJ.jpg