Yes - dual wielding Steadfast + another weapon together with that on kill effect is not optimal if you want to proc Champion's Boon often.

But a tanky rogue with shield could be nice for this. Maybe this could be a setup that would make Riposte suck less. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

However - i think it's best on Monk, Rogue, Cipher, since Champion's Boon in kill is so great and all of those classes tend to kill a lot.

It's only 25% chance and Steadfast has to deal the killing blow, for 30% more dmg... For me it's one of the worst procs.

Steadfast is however very good on tanky paladins:

- paladins can reduce grazes by picking single weapon style and zealous focus (which means an effective 10% chance to proc)

- it benefits from scion of flame

- it adds more defense

Pallegina can deal 100dmg with it - that's like dealing 10 more dmg with each hit (a lash, on average, adds like 5-6 more dmg). The proc is also very strong because it uses weapon's accuracy and it adds another +10 bonus to it - which means mostly hits and crits.

Of course it's far from the best dps weapons but you can't have everything superb and durganized and from that perspective it earns easily its place on a npc.

They still get a save vs reflex if the sunlance proc goes off.

Effective succesful hit would be more like 6-8% of the time I think. So many times I've wasted my time withe these soulbound builds. Never again.